• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had the fun job of working out why my DS sliding door wouldn't open fully after checking nothing was in the way couldn't find an issue. Then I looked at the side of the van and noticed 'brown dust' from under the side trim... Yeap it's a broken cable 😭😭😭. Only plus is it's on the drivers side and due to my conversion you can't get in through that door anymore anyways.

When I open the door manually it beeps continually unless I turn off automatic doors is there a way to disable the beeping without turning off the working door?
 
Had the fun job of working out why my DS sliding door wouldn't open fully after checking nothing was in the way couldn't find an issue. Then I looked at the side of the van and noticed 'brown dust' from under the side trim... Yeap it's a broken cable 😭😭😭. Only plus is it's on the drivers side and due to my conversion you can't get in through that door anymore anyways.

When I open the door manually it beeps continually unless I turn off automatic doors is there a way to disable the beeping without turning off the working door?
If the beeping is in connection with the door open switch ( black plunger one in the pillar) then maybe disconnect it ??? or would the light on the dash then stay on ?
@LeStempy
 
Last edited:
This for the 24 hour Elgrand racing?
If you’d seen the mess I made of a driveway once when changing oil before you’d realise what it was for! Unfortunately I don’t have a garage any longer
 
If the beeping is in connection with the door open switch ( black plunger one in the pillar) then maybe disconnect it ??? or would the light on the dash then stay on ?
@LeStempy
There's a beep off option in the menu but don't know if that covers all beeps.
 
My Front and Middle arm rests are the same, I swapped my drivers because it was worn and the middle hadn’t been used, I think they’re just on the other side so swapped drivers for passenger side
The middle are deeper at the front than my fronts and the rears are massive in depth in comparison, had them all off last night trying to get covers from each to fit over the wrong shape is impossible with the 'leather' as it has no give.
I have a pair of these (see photos) going spare, I got them from Gutterdog along with other stuff, I don't know if they are front or middle as they seem to match both for size compared to mine, (series 3). Cloth covered as you can see but I assume the cover comes off via the zip at the back. Gutterdogs Elgrand is series 2 I believe about 2004.
View attachment 121079
View attachment 121080
They are the rear set (the biggest and therefore the ones that could be trimmed correctly if required) the rears don't have the stop ability mid stroke in my S2 XL. How much do you want for them please?
 
Postage will be fine, If you want both they are quite heavy so I'll have to check, so you think these are the rears/middles? They don't appear to have the stop mid stroke, I took mine off once for something (I can't remember why) but I never looked closely at the works.
 
Just noticed you are going to the Mod Nats, if you can wait a couple of weeks I can give you them then.
Perfect! Appreciate it 👌🏻 I'll exchange them for some Beers (if you drink)
 
Started prepping for Mod Nats today, old wheels back on. Full decon wash and dry on the rims - ready for the C5 tomorrow evening, I thought they were shiny before hand 🤣 then back on after 12hrs curing in the living room 🤫 then HOPEFULLY less hassle to wash for the foreseeable 🤞🏻
1000029919.jpg1000029920.jpg
1000029918.jpg1000029917.jpg1000029916.jpg
 
Finally got round to an oil change and fitted a Femco quick change drain plug while it was empty

View attachment 121081
I got one of those, drain oil into 5lt water bottle but still need drain pan for oil filter so no oil running down arm anymore
 
Ordered a set of the JDM drilled and grooved discs and pads all round. MOT time next month and fronts are quite badly lipped / scored so makes sense (in my head) to get them changed before that.
 
What with one thing and another, today I finally finished the rear wheel bearing swap. The old bearing was making all sorts of crunchy noises when spun off the car. However, I still have a bit of a drone going on in left hand bends so front must be on the way out too. Probably a good idea to replace them all before too much longer, but it'll have to wait a bit as next job is replace coolant which has now been in there for five years.
 
Back
Top