• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Decontamination (decon) wash - fallout removal and contact wash then prepped with 'panel wipe' which is basically quick flashing cleaner that leaves no residue (but isn't harsh like contact cleaner) to remove any surface contamination remaining. C5 is a product from the company GTechniq - it's a bonded ceramic coating that's designed for wheels (heat resistant to 600deg, forms a chemical bond to the rims so brake dust, road salt etc can't bond to the rim etc etc) basically keeps all the nasties away from the chrome surface. Needs to be applied to bare wheels and needs 12hrs minimum indoors to bond and cure properly absolutely zero moisture on the surface until cured (I left them for 48hrs just to be sure)

C4 also gets dirt off cars and prevents them getting dirty in future but I wouldn't recommend it.
 
View attachment 71228
De-badged & towbar fitted. Managed to retain the central 'Rider' strut in the bottom of bumper. Modified the mesh to fit. Very labour intensive, but pleased with result.
Hiya. Is this a rider 3.5? I’m looking at fitting a towbar and was hoping to find some examples on this model…and know if I need to cut the trim. Thanks if you can confirm!
 
Any idea how to clear an engine light on an e50… its port is not jobd , its rectangle shape and doesn’t fit my scanner…
I’ve got an mot at 8 am and it’s just come on 🙄
 
Any idea how to clear an engine light on an e50… its port is not jobd , its rectangle shape and doesn’t fit my scanner…
I’ve got an mot at 8 am and it’s just come on 🙄
Have you tried a battery reset as in disconnect for a while ??
Found this in a search , you never know
—————-
  • Turn the ignition to the ON position (engine off).
  • Wait 3 seconds. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds.
  • Wait exactly 7 seconds. Press and hold the accelerator pedal down for 10 seconds.
  • The Check Engine Light will start blinking. While it is blinking, press and hold the accelerator pedal down again for more than 10 seconds.
  • Release the pedal. Turn the ignition off, then start the engine. The light should be cleared. [1, 2]
 
Any idea how to clear an engine light on an e50… its port is not jobd , its rectangle shape and doesn’t fit my scanner…
I’ve got an mot at 8 am and it’s just come on 🙄
Hi bud without scanner paper clip on port pin as in pic then ignition on not running wait 2 secs and remove clip that will bring up your code flashes then you while eml is flashing reinsert clip same as pic 1000009985.jpg for a couple of secs then remove that should clear codes
 
Last edited:
Finally got around to getting the gear box and transfer box fluids done .. it’s only taken me 8 years .. mechanic said the old fluid still looked good and even the gear box box filter looked clean .. that’s a Nissan for you ..
 
C4 also gets dirt off cars and prevents them getting dirty in future but I wouldn't recommend it.
C4 and C5 are apparently very similar chemically, C5 is supposed to be also excellent on plastics and brings them up like new (apparently) I'm going to try my plastics under the wipers seeing as I've got half a bottle leftover.
 
Hi bud without scanner paper clip on port pin 1 and 8 then ignition on not running wait 2 secs and remove clip that will bring up your code flashes then you while eml is flashing reinsert clip in 1 and 8 for a couple of secs then remove that should clear codes
This kind of post is exactly why the membership is well worth the £12! If you own an Elgrand it's the absolute BEST £12 you can spend on your car!
 
1000020864.jpg
I've just used some C4 on the cheapy runaround I picked up recently.
It is like magic on old faded black trim.
I have enough left to treat the Elgrand scuttle peice.
 
View attachment 121191
I've just used some C4 on the cheapy runaround I picked up recently.
It is like magic on old faded black trim.
I have enough left to treat the Elgrand scuttle peice.
Looks good , would be interesting to see to see how it fares over time
 
Any idea how to clear an engine light on an e50… its port is not jobd , its rectangle shape and doesn’t fit my scanner…
I’ve got an mot at 8 am and it’s just come on 🙄
I disconnected both terminals of the battery for 10 mins… seems to have worked 🤣
 
Any idea how to clear an engine light on an e50… its port is not jobd , its rectangle shape and doesn’t fit my scanner…
I’ve got an mot at 8 am and it’s just come on 🙄

@Highway Dave and @Elliematt83 have given the most helpful answers for you and iIrc I've used those methods before. These days I use Launch OBD gear and an aftermarket adapter that fits the earlier e50 obd sockets, the Launch gear itself was already preprogrammed to work with e50's.
 
I disconnected both terminals of the battery for 10 mins… seems to have worked 🤣
Scraped a pass… so Mod Nats is back on the cards…
Eml light came on and off during the test, so some investigation required.
Most importantly my welding and the re-purposed e51 exhaust middle box got the seal of approval.IMG_2875.jpeg
 
Spent a happy two and a bit hours cleaning the wheels. 1 application of Surfex HD at 1:10 ratio, rinsed after 5 minutes then repeated along with Auto-Wheel and given a final rinse. Used an EZ cleaning brush for the first time - much easier than a detailing brush and noodle mitt.
Had to do each wheel separately due to the heat.

Had a tea break, then back outside to start washing Magnu. Mixed up some Surfex 1:20 in a spray bottle and started spraying. It was at this point it started spitting, I managed to get all of her done and had started hosing her down before the rain proper started. Passers by must have thought I was mad using a hose in the rain. Anyway I finished, packed up and went in and called it a day.
 
Scraped a pass… so Mod Nats is back on the cards…
Eml light came on and off during the test, so some investigation required.
Most importantly my welding and the re-purposed e51 exhaust middle box got the seal of approval.View attachment 121194
There is something about Thick, Sticky, Black underseal that I find arousing 🫣

IMG_1267.jpeg
 
Back
Top