• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Yesterday, did a ghetto install of the new double DIN touchscreen HU into our Ellie. Seeing as the original facia will never be of use and being keen to not have the HU sat in a box for a month, I cut out the front of the facia so I could mount the new unit.
Still waiting on an antenna adapter and proper facia.
Have to sort where all cables for inputs will live and connect any AV like rear screen or reverse camera input but it's functional for music, DVD playback and phone calls via bluetooth.

Yesterday, did a ghetto install of the new double DIN touchscreen HU into our Ellie. Seeing as the original facia will never be of use and being keen to not have the HU sat in a box for a month, I cut out the front of the facia so I could mount the new unit.
Still waiting on an antenna adapter and proper facia.
Have to sort where all cables for inputs will live and connect any AV like rear screen or reverse camera input but it's functional for music, DVD playback and phone calls via bluetooth.

What brand/model HU did you go for?

What brand/model HU did you go for?
Seeing as the Ellie is my wife's car I went with a simple user interface and touchscreen but with some buttons on the side. A Pioneer AVH-A205BT which should be pretty easy for her to operate.
Last thing I want is to have her frustrated trying to use it. I'm not even fussed on getting the Ellie system mirrored down to the HU but do want the DVD player output connected to the rear screen. May add a discrete sub later too.

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/avh-a205bt/

I set the background and lighting to orange to match the Ellie nicely :cool:
One idea is to buy a reverse camera and mount it to the front somewhere for a good parking view at front on the HU and rear with original screen at same time.

KM763_AVH-A205BT_RCRD_Green_left_B2-510x397.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing as the Ellie is my wife's car I went with a simple user interface and touchscreen but with some buttons on the side. A Pioneer AVH-A205BT which should be pretty easy for her to operate.
Last thing I want is to have her frustrated trying to use it. I'm not even fussed on getting the Ellie system mirrored down to the HU but do want the DVD player output connected to the rear screen. May add a discrete sub later too.

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/avh-a205bt/

I set the background and lighting to orange to match the Ellie nicely :cool:
One idea is to buy a reverse camera and mount it to the front somewhere for a good parking view at front on the HU and rear with original screen at same time.

KM763_AVH-A205BT_RCRD_Green_left_B2-510x397.jpg

Sounds good. Is it possible to play DVDs through the HU and have them come through the rear screen?

Sounds good. Is it possible to play DVDs through the HU and have them come through the rear screen?
The HU has AV OUT so if I feed that and the audio rear channels RCA to the AV in for the screen it should be good. Use the DVD instead of a digital TV tuner.

We've been blinging up nine, Groot style, had the brown interior now changed to galaxy theme and edged with metallic blue trim. Looks ace, will try post pics at some point. Took pic of front, my groot bonnet, trying to load as advatar 🤗

We've been blinging up nine, Groot style, had the brown interior now changed to galaxy theme and edged with metallic blue trim. Looks ace, will try post pics at some point. Took pic of front, my groot bonnet, trying to load as advatar 🤗
We so need pics.

My centre ciggie lighter has never worked, pulled everything out and no power to it.

Anyway I bought a blue LED double USB unit same as I've fitted to the last couple of motorhomes and as luck would have it I found a spare connector block behind the centre console showing 12v, sorted, or so I thought but the bugger goes off when you put the lights on.
Any idea what it might have originally fed? The car had a double din fitted off the boat so I never had it with standard sound/sat nav etc.

Last edited:
Silver would be good or you could could get some Nissan decals/centre caps.

I have limited my Nissan badges to just the steering wheel, I like to keep the car a mystery to others! lol

Back