• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Or a chrome wrap?

Today I finished putting my car back together after decoring the front cats when one of them decided to break apart and block up, hopefully i got it sorted in time👍

Today I finished putting my car back together after decoring the front cats when one of them decided to break apart and block up, hopefully i got it sorted in time👍
Good luck with that. Hopefully you mean you've decored the rear cats after the front ones broke up. Fingers crossed for you.

By 10am this morning I’d managed to get my newly purchased cyclone 4 up and running on both screens. With the curtains and sunroof closed it looks mint. Shame I have to have the Minions movie playing on it though!

i was going to fit my new dashcam :cool: but my nipper turned up and wanted the drive :rolleyes:he then went to my delica took the train horns off :scream: took three hours finding some where to put them : unamused: then didnt fit them:( and wired up the sub that came with my Elgrand :eek: all in his T BLOODY4 :weary_face:

Good luck with that. Hopefully you mean you've decored the rear cats after the front ones broke up. Fingers crossed for you.

The rear cats were already removed but the front still broke apart and partially blocked it up, now I'm getting a lot of blue/grey smoke and stinks of fuel so fingers crossed

The rear cats were already removed but the front still broke apart and partially blocked it up, now I'm getting a lot of blue/grey smoke and stinks of fuel so fingers crossed
Oh shit, doesn't sound good.

Hopefully not blue smoke which would indicate oil burning.....not good. I guess with the smell of petrol you're getting it's grey/black smoke due to over fuelling. My guess is that now you have no cat in there the lambda sensor has thrown a wobbly. Needs looking at sooner rather than later.

I agree with Harvo , you need your vehicle looking at ASAP. I'm not sure but think you should of kept front Cats . Best to ask Brian at BMR, or some one with more knowledge than me will tell you what they think problem may be.Hooe you get it sorted Soon.😎👍

Removed the roof rack, then had a crack at checking the offside rear cat. Bit of a mystery one as I could see welds front and rear of it and it sounded hollow, but I had to be sure. Front nuts came undone easily, but the rears are toast. Didn't fancy getting under there with the grinder today so managed to pull the front joint apart far enough to allow me to poke some hose down. Well clear, lovely. Then I went on to do the auxiliary belts as had been getting a squeal now and then on damp mornings. Not a bad job after I worked out that the tensioner bolts slacken anti clockwise, as opposed the the guide on here that states clockwise! Next up is front lambda probe and the dreaded lower control arm bushes.

Anyone done the upstream lambdas? What's the best access, from above or below? Thanks.

finally fitted camera and sat nav all wires tucked away just a few inches from the cig lighter and to back of device:cool:

Removed the roof rack, then had a crack at checking the offside rear cat. Bit of a mystery one as I could see welds front and rear of it and it sounded hollow, but I had to be sure. Front nuts came undone easily, but the rears are toast. Didn't fancy getting under there with the grinder today so managed to pull the front joint apart far enough to allow me to poke some hose down. Well clear, lovely. Then I went on to do the auxiliary belts as had been getting a squeal now and then on damp mornings. Not a bad job after I worked out that the tensioner bolts slacken anti clockwise, as opposed the the guide on here that states clockwise! Next up is front lambda probe and the dreaded lower control arm bushes.

Anyone done the upstream lambdas? What's the best access, from above or below? Thanks.

lol had the same problem @Vincecoleman with the tensioners!!

I’ve unfolded a mattress topper in the back, but discovered that the cushions I’ve bought to fill in the gaps are too big. My endless quest for foam continues!

Back