• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

May we ask why?
Financially driven decision unfortunately. Tried to sustain a lifestyle after moving and having bigger bills and reality hit. Took weeks to decide which car to keep and still not sure I’ve made the right choice. It’s gone to a really nice bloke though who likes camping with his wife so happy it’ll get put to good use.

Booked in for MOT in a couple of weeks - so the inevitable warning light has come on - the AFS light is flashing so Ive just checked the front & back level sensor, they look fine but Ive given them a clean & a small squirt of 3in1 ; broke three bolts removing the front tray (with the socked set not the rattle gun) so appear to have made more work for myself ... the AFS light continues to flash even after taking the fuse out & putting it back. Need to find the code reader to see whats actually failed but Im in the process of moving house so anything useful is either in the store or at the back of the garage under all the clutter from the house - off to see Simon @Lpgc on Friday so hopefully he can read the codes off for me if I ask him nicely :)

Changed rear left brake caliper and pads, it was stuck, the wheel was getting hot, no more issues, however now I want to change the right one just for peace of mind.

Attachments

• IMG20230524134721.jpg
    IMG20230524134721.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG20230524134730.jpg
    IMG20230524134730.jpg
    765.4 KB · Views: 16
After checking the drivers cat and braking a bolt on the passenger side I thought f**k it and gave her a quick wash and wax!
Not come up too bad considering she's 21 years old and has nearly 258,000km!

IMG_1407.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1395.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1403.jpgIMG_1402.jpg

I think @Highway Dave has a secret Bongo fetish, he compared my front end to a Bongo recently. The bloke is obviously obsessed with Mazda and can no longer be trusted 🤣
Many a good tune played on an old bongo

Passed MOT with no advisories! 🎉🥳

Would've been a fail but for slowly learning how to spanner my way around the car.

A big thank you to all the members that have written write-ups, or asked or answered questions so I can search for answers. Thank you all.

MOT Pass

Back