• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Refurb faded headlight.

Yes just one, took 4 hrs.
Wet and dry.
600 grit
1200 grit
2000 grit
3000 grit
5000 grit
Polish
Sealer
Bottle of red wine🍷
Looks good as new 😀
Pics probably don't do it justice.
1 more to go🥴
Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Headlight Refurb

Yes just 1.
4 hours of sanding and polishing.

Results are great.
Wet and dry
600 grit
1200 grit
2000 grit
3000 grit
5000 grit
Polish
Sealer
Bottle of red wine.
Pic doesn't do it justice.
Looks as good as new.

Attachments

• IMG_20230521_202751.jpg
    IMG_20230521_202751.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 32
Finally got round to sticking the rear tail bar on with circle LEDs in to match the tail lights. Took the opportunity to take the shiny letters off too...missus isn't happy about them going though o_O

Really thinking about doing a de chrome but gotta get past her first!! Maybe a cheeky rear light tint first to ease her in to it

IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

Bought two windscreen covers (extra one for rad grill) painted Venom eyes on one and his teeth on the other in Glow In The Dark paint ready for the Spring Gathering in Catton Park. Thursday can't come soon enough.👍

Replaced both droplinks and front arms, tensioned belts, changed oil and filters, then realised that my rear brake caliper is stuck, I hope this is the last job I have to do as it's getting silly now, only had Elgrand for 2 weeks, spent all that time fixing problems

Replaced both droplinks and front arms, tensioned belts, changed oil and filters, then realised that my rear brake caliper is stuck, I hope this is the last job I have to do as it's getting silly now, only had Elgrand for 2 weeks, spent all that time fixing problems
Droplinks tend to wear more on these as they’re so heavy, rear calliper is common, replaced mine three years ago and been trouble free since. Sounds like you’ve had all the niggles at once plus you’ve serviced it so fingers crossed you can get on with enjoying it

Finally got round to sticking the rear tail bar on with circle LEDs in to match the tail lights. Took the opportunity to take the shiny letters off too...missus isn't happy about them going though o_O

Really thinking about doing a de chrome but gotta get past her first!! Maybe a cheeky rear light tint first to ease her in to it

View attachment 88722
View attachment 88723

View attachment 88724
That looks bloody awesome!!!! Debadge gives it such a cleaner look too 👌

It's these old jdm girls man.

I owned 2 Estimas, an Emina and a Lucida and what your describing was an average weekend for 50 weekends a year. The other two weekends were spent recovering.

El Grands are heavier so drop links, anti roll bar bushes etc will wear out often. Perhaps you could allocate a couple of weekends and go through it all thoroughly, inspect all the calipers etc.

Sure you'll be good soon my friend.

View attachment 88722
View attachment 88723

View attachment 88724
Wive's & Girlfriends Tchhh! Wadda they know? I've removed the "Elgrand" and it was all "what have you done that for?" She hated it when I swapped out the grille too. I keep telling her it's a stealth bus that I can sneeeeak up on VW's and Alphard's in but she's not having it 👍 🤣

Looks awesome. How hard to remove the light bar?
Fairly straightforward - have to remove the trim from the boot door first which is just a few screws and the handle. Had a bit of a moment like you always do when removing trim of "crap I'm gonna break something"...in to "sod it let's yank it off". Trim removal kit helps a bit and an extra pair of hands if you're doing it above your head like I did, especially with extra long boot gas struts.

Once that's off it's just a few bolts, 6 I think and rear bar comes right off!! Took 30mins or so, probs quicker once you've done it once!

Wive's & Girlfriends Tchhh! Wadda they know? I've removed the "Elgrand" and it was all "what have you done that for?" She hated it when I swapped out the grille too. I keep telling her it's a stealth bus that I can sneeeeak up on VW's and Alphard's in but she's not having it 👍 🤣
Haha yeah my missus keeps saying "but no one will know what it is" - but that's kinda half the charm right!

Haha yeah my missus keeps saying "but no one will know what it is" - but that's kinda half the charm right!

Everyone in The Netherlands thinks mine is American with the chrome front grill and then when I tell them its a Nissan they are rather shocked! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom