• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Replaced droplinks front anti roll bar supplied by @BMR (great service & quick delivery) and noticed an immediate improvement.

now need to decide on replacement rear tyres (almost down to 2mm now), standard 17” wheels and need something practical for camping terrain.
Website please - shipping Australia option??

So three months and 3000 miles later l have just returned from my trip around the Netherlands/Germany/Austria and Belgium.
Arrive Hook of Holland with all my Covid papers Customs not interested only that l stayed no more than 90 days in his words "Not a Day longer" not sure how they can enforce that.
Van behaved itself.
Brakes did not like going down mountains in Austria (shuddering) had to use the "manual" gearbox to slow me down.
LPG supply was crap in Austria rest of the trip supplies were plentiful.
How much fuel did l use and how much did it cost ?
I have no idea l made a plan at the start not to count the cost, just filled up as and when l could and not think about cost.
Great response about van (yes even from V/W owners) Think the biggest surprise from most was when told the van is 18 years old.
So time to think about the next trip.
Have to say three months did seem a bit long but we shall see.

Seriously nice Elly

Arrrh gutted @14woody you came to The Netherlands and.didn't pop by for a cup of tea and a chat! :sob:
Thanks for the comment @braedach! 👍
Since fitting the wheels from the silver Elgrand to the white one its completely transformed the appearance and the attention it gets!! :blush:

Christened both nearside wheels on a kerb whilst driving. 🤬 At least they're matching now.

Attachments

• 20220730_141616.jpg
    20220730_141616.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220730_141603.jpg
    20220730_141603.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220730_141553.jpg
    20220730_141553.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 10
First overnight in the newly converted van …. Super comfortable.

Edale in the high peaks, car park was £7 for 24 Hrs, right at the official start of the Pennine Way. Arrived late on, popped the roof up and kettle on and that was it! Up early for a walk up Jacobs Ladder …. Fab mini break and cost virtually nowt, running LPG helps keep the costs low 😃

26F2D9ED-A89B-4341-A467-86C3D91514B2.jpeg
AA103985-B8FB-4248-99D2-7EF79115D44E.jpeg

First overnight in the newly converted van …. Super comfortable.

Edale in the high peaks, car park was £7 for 24 Hrs, right at the official start of the Pennine Way. Arrived late on, popped the roof up and kettle on and that was it! Up early for a walk up Jacobs Ladder …. Fab mini break and cost virtually nowt, running LPG helps keep the costs low 😃

View attachment 77756
View attachment 77757
Living the Elgrandlife 👍🚐⛺
Enjoy

I’m on with the routing of the RCA cable to the front from the rear TV module.🤔
Trying to decide if to go up through the top roof panels or down and along the floor…. Not sure which is going to be easier….

I’m on with the routing of the RCA cable to the front from the rear TV module.🤔
Trying to decide if to go up through the top roof panels or down and along the floor…. Not sure which is going to be easier….
To make it even easier, I just fed the cable is under the carpet. 😄

RUST BUBBLES !! Had the number plate surround off today to treat this Little problem area on my S1
( few along the bottom & top )
Treated the inner of the lock button while I was at it .87E20010-3D5A-4FFC-B412-5D693DF49841.jpegE202F9A5-711C-452D-BC4C-64ACE0C1FEB9.jpeg2D4F8603-C9BB-4FC5-83BF-1C65CB0ACBB5.jpeg
44B14F69-91ED-47CF-B373-BE751D6FE1EE.jpeg06AD0C14-A189-4645-8713-4BAF9F3F9AA1.jpegBD44F84B-ABE5-4592-93E1-B9CD9B47F4E0.jpeg

Stole some chrome rear light bulbs from my silver Elgrand and stuck them in the white one to get rid of the fried egg look!
Also pondered over the silver Elgrand wondering what steps to take next! :tired_face:

IMG_5005.JPGIMG_5058.JPGIMG_5060.JPG

Back