• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT - LIFE SAVING MEDICATION FUNDRAISER

Wonderful news.
After all the negative results - what was it that changed their minds? What did you do that was different this time?
Be aware that there will be an emotional backlash from this. Be prepared for some roller-coaster times.

Thank you my extended family it means a lot to me and Yasmin that you all care so much, the relief we both have is unbelievable! As you mentioned George this is the first stage and Im sure it will wind them up no end, but at the end of the day the Judge said the other party had no clear evidence and alternatives for Yasmin and their excuses for not funding the medicine were completely unfounded!
The help of my wife''s Doctors standing by her and providing clear evidence that there are no alternative medicines for her was a great help!
We did think we would have to wait a year or so for the main court hearing as they are so busy, but she has instructed that she wants this completely sorted with in the next 3 months! We have some peace till the next hearing but from the amount of evidence and reasearch she has done on Yasmin's file I hope that this will lead to another good outcome 🤞
Again thank you all for your kind words and support it does honestly mean a lot to me and Yasmin! :heart_eyes:

Thank you my extended family it means a lot to me and Yasmin that you all care so much, the relief we both have is unbelievable! As you mentioned George this is the first stage and Im sure it will wind them up no end, but at the end of the day the Judge said the other party had no clear evidence and alternatives for Yasmin and their excuses for not funding the medicine were completely unfounded!
The help of my wife''s Doctors standing by her and providing clear evidence that there are no alternative medicines for her was a great help!
We did think we would have to wait a year or so for the main court hearing as they are so busy, but she has instructed that she wants this completely sorted with in the next 3 months! We have some peace till the next hearing but from the amount of evidence and reasearch she has done on Yasmin's file I hope that this will lead to another good outcome 🤞
Again thank you all for your kind words and support it does honestly mean a lot to me and Yasmin! :heart_eyes:
This is great news to hear!! Hopefully the first steps to getting the help you both need. Must be a massive relief for both you and Yasmin. Best wishes Richard, and hope you can enjoy a little time focusing on something else for a bit.

Richard, I've just stumbled upon this thread and was very intensely drawn to your and your wife's situation. Never read something nerve-wracking like that before and I'm so happy and relieved that you made it and wish you guys the best of luck. Be strong, be positive and carry on

Latest update on my wife's situation, unfortunately it is in dutch except for a part where my wife speaks.

Last week we had a Journalist here that did a piece on my wife's wheelchair/bathroom situation and other faciliities like a hoist.
This is a Radio clip taken from full interview that was filmed for the Dutch local news channel.
(My wifes part starts around 51.10)

https://www.rtvoost.nl/radio/aflevering/marcel-en-bastiaan/1520942_20230522070000

I hope so much she gets to lie in the forest. Not much to ask. Good luck and heartfelt good wishes to you both.

Latest update on my wife's situation, unfortunately it is in dutch except for a part where my wife speaks.

Last week we had a Journalist here that did a piece on my wife's wheelchair/bathroom situation and other faciliities like a hoist.
This is a Radio clip taken from full interview that was filmed for the Dutch local news channel.
(My wifes part starts around 51.10)

https://www.rtvoost.nl/radio/aflevering/marcel-en-bastiaan/1520942_20230522070000
Richard...I must be completely stupid, but it's all in Dutch, can't hear your wife speaking English. Give us a little update please, the interview must be a good thing, right?
You're both on my mind...🤞

Back