• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT - LIFE SAVING MEDICATION FUNDRAISER

Just phoned the hopsitlal and get this the dog before Miami had a Ct scan no problem but then the machine broke straight afterwards!!
They called out a repair person but they do not know whether it will be fixed today so they asked what do you want us to do?
No way are we leaving her there overnight we are off to pick her up!!! Maybe today was not the right day for the CT scan how weird the machine broke just before her go!!

As someone who worked fixing medical Imaging systems, I appreciate your frustration, but they are complex systems, and unfortunately issues do arise.
At least it's not a "quenched" MRI, where someone emergency dumps the Liquid Nitrogen.
That can take weeks to sort....
I hope everything gets sorted for you quickly.

As someone who worked fixing medical Imaging systems, I appreciate your frustration, but they are complex systems, and unfortunately issues do arise.
At least it's not a "quenched" MRI, where someone emergency dumps the Liquid Nitrogen.
That can take weeks to sort....
I hope everything gets sorted for you quickly.

to be fair Im glad the machine broke buddy so we can spend some more time with her.
She's very happy to be home and managed to eat all of her food we gave her as she couldn't eat anything after 8 last night.

Just got a call from the vets in regards to Miami's CT she had on Monday.
Unfortunately they found a tumor around her Larynx and also another one on her Thyroid. They said the one around her Larynx they would not even be able to remove due to the location so they basically said to enjoy the time we have with her and if the swallowing/breathing becomes to uncomfortable for her they can prescribe Prednisone but this can only be used for a short time! The vet said she is not in pain which is one good thing considering the situation.
We also asked the vet whether it would be good to use CBD oil to help with the inflammation and she agreed.
Not the news we wanted to hear :sob:

IMG_8174.JPGIMG_8175.JPGIMG_8194.JPG

Truly Heartbreaking mate.
Enjoy the time you have together.
It good she is not in pain.
It's so hard when you get news like that about such a loyal, faithful companion who's been there through thick and thin and such a big help to you both.
She has devoted her life to making you both happy as you have done for her.
We only have two left out of four and I dread the day we have to let them go.
Thinking of you all.

Me and my wife are also going to try Miami on this as we also take it ourselves, more people should be told about this amazing medication LDN!

Very interesting,
Wish I had known about this a year ago,
All the best to you all,
Take each day as it comes,
I hope you still have some quality time ,
Quiet chill out time,
We did use the CBD from the States ,higher % content, we noticed we had an improvement on our Meg, before we lost her,
Watched the Video on your Link,
I hope more people have took note of this & spread the word,
Keep us updated,
🙏take care ,each day as it comes,

Just thought I should give you all an update on how Miami is doing.

She s currently doing very well; with the CBD oil and LDN combination. Currently she is taking CBD drops every 6 hours with LDN at every 12 hours. We have been informed this by a vets and also read online that dogs metabolise the medicine a lot faster than a human hence why it is more frequent. I was praying for her to get to my birthday on the 19th but unbelievably she is still here which is fantastic news! Do not get me wrong she is not cured just a lot more comfromable but unbelievably is still looking after my wife and still eating and doing everything like normal with the exception of her coughing now and again obviously due to the tumor still around her Larynx. I thought you might like to hear how well she is doing. We are now praying that she will be with us through to The New Year fingers crossed!!!! 🤞 🤞

IMG_1640.jpegIMG_1638.jpeg

Back