• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT - LIFE SAVING MEDICATION FUNDRAISER

Sorry guys for not replying sooner! Unforunrtatley it was horrific and went on for hours! Lastnight Yasmin was in such a bad way after the court hearing so I had to look after her as she was vomiting etc from her head pressure!
The Council lied through through their teeth and made up lots of stories, the hearing ended up not being a full hearing with 3 judges as planned but rather a pre trial type of hearing to give directions by one judge! Nothing was actually decided or achieved despite waiting four years just for this hearing! Before Yasmin spoke up and begged they wanted the next court hearing to be on June 20th but now after she spoke they said they would have contact for an update on April 18th and then the next hearing in June.
We are both recovering today as my blood pressure went up to 178/88 and also had a pounding headache from the stress and lies they said!
Today we managed to get out this afternoon for a few hours as poor Yasmin needed some away time so we went for a drive to Germany which was nice. Thanks all for the support it means a lot to both of us! 👍

Jesus Christ, Richard, what a bloody nightmare. Can't even imagine what you're and your family are going through. So hard to read it, not even mention living it.
I always held Dutch in such a high regard...feel really upset about it
Be strong, spring is coming, use Elgrand for nice family time, enjoy and God(or whatever IT is) bless

It seems apparent around the world, that governments and their bodies could not give a fuck about their civilians. Moral obligation just doesn't seem to exist anymore. Looks like their game plan is to weather you and your other half, so that you'll eventually roll over. Stay strong and "Hold Fast"(theres a reason I carry that moniker(and have it tattooed on my knuckles)). Don't let the bastards grind you down. Get yourselves some rest and recuperation, regroup and come back stronger and more determined. 💪🏼

The monitory cost to the authorities in man-hours, court costs, legal fees and representation would out weigh the cost of the bathroom modifications, so why do they bother putting people through the grief and stress of it all.

It's not like Yasmin is faking it, this is equipment that is needed to aid her going about her daily life, its not like its a 'Luxury' diamond encrusted bath tub that she wants ffs.......

These able bodied people in their ivory towers have no idea, all they know is how to meet savings targets and balance the books to justify their ridiculous salaries and bonuses.

More people with disabilities should be placed in positions of authority in cases like this, as only someone with disabilities understands how important 'special needs' actually are.

I bet you are spittin' feathers!
Didn't your legal representative tell you that it was just a pre-trial hearing in advance? Didn't they know? Are they competent?

I don't like the idea of having one judge deciding things - even if it is just preliminary stuff. Three judges will give three perspectives on an issue, whereas one judge can be biased (or bribed in some cases) and that can prevent, or limit, what the final judges will be told are the issues for them to make decisions on.
No decision was made so it's "no news is good news" and you haven't lost, but it's an added stress on you both.
Let that sink in for a while and then start building for the next phase.

Last edited:
I can understand the frustration as sometimes “ the law is a arse” me and my wife have had battles with the powers that be and continue to do so.. I think as a whole it’s all gone to shit what ever country you live in ..and I hate to say it , it’s only gonna get worse .. it’s always gonna be a fight to get what we believe to be as right .. there’s many voices that are fighting back your not alone … the truth will always prevail have faith in that and yourself ..

Me and my poor wife are losing our minds! :mad:
They are now coming up with bullshit ideas about making a bedroom in the garage for my wife so she doesn't have to go up stairs even though we have told them numerous times that we sleep downstairs in the lounge!
With all this bullshit going on me and my wife didn't eat our dinner until 2am!!
Literally there is so much that has gone on over the past eight years of this fight for a bathroom that it is too hard to fully explain to you guys! Why can these people not help my wife in the correct ways rather than causing more work for us, its like they do not listen and read the documents we send to them! :mad:

Would it be better for you if you could have a bathroom in the garage? A friend of mine did this and it worked well as it was designed by him so that wheelchair access was easy. It wasn't expensive to do it. Very little plumbing needed as he used something that you might be familiar with - a mascerator/pump.
He extended the central heating to add a small radiator.

Would it be better for you if you could have a bathroom in the garage? A friend of mine did this and it worked well as it was designed by him so that wheelchair access was easy. It wasn't expensive to do it. Very little plumbing needed as he used something that you might be familiar with - a mascerator/pump.
He extended the central heating to add a small radiator.

1. We do not own the house so I am not sure the landlord would be happy.
2. We have a perfectly good room downstairs with heating
3. The garage is completely inappropriate to convert and lack of insulation etc it would cost over 100k to convert into a suitable room for living
rather than paying 18k for a bathroom to be finished that they already started in 2016.

I appreciate your response buddy but the Council are just causing more headaches for us rather than completing what they started and also what the court agreed to back in 2018 when we won!
On top of this my wife would be like a prisoner in a dark box as there is no way to get windows into the garage and also my Elgrand is currently sitting in their broken!

Richard, has any of you got Dutch citizenship? trying to understand the hostility...

So... have I got this right?
You have already been given the (Legal) right to have this half-completed work finished and the current court appearances are to enforce this but the Council are putting up as many barriers as they can?
Can your Landlord add any weight to your case? Your local member of the House of Representatives? Any charities with an interest?
Have you considered looking for another competent Lawyer to sort this out quickly for you?
That's not a criticism. What I was thinking was that many large Legal Firms take on Pro-Bono work if they think it will enhance their reputation.
I went down this route when I needed some advice to represent myself in a case against the UK Government that I took to the ECHR a few years ago.

So... have I got this right?
You have already been given the (Legal) right to have this half-completed work finished and the current court appearances are to enforce this but the Council are putting up as many barriers as they can?
Can your Landlord add any weight to your case? Your local member of the House of Representatives? Any charities with an interest?
Have you considered looking for another competent Lawyer to sort this out quickly for you?
That's not a criticism. What I was thinking was that many large Legal Firms take on Pro-Bono work if they think it will enhance their reputation.
I went down this route when I needed some advice to represent myself in a case against the UK Government that I took to the ECHR a few years ago.

Yes you have it right, the court awarded the bathroom to be finished back in 2018 but the Council refused to action this and continued with bullshit and due to corona we had to wait another 4 years to be heard in the higher court.
Landlord is useless and will not help us.
Cannot get another lawyer as they all want money, tried our local MP and he was warned off by the Council and told not to help us.
Same with the charities and we even have this in writing. The level of curruption is unbelievable! If I told you everything we would be chatting for the next 2 years!! Sorry withit brief just trying to deal with the paperwork with Yasmin right now.

Any independent or opposition-leaning newspapers willing to expose the corruption and to tell your story?
MEP of no use either?
You might have more luck with that if you got one in the UK to do it. I'm sure the Dutch Embassy people read the news.
I did this to expose the corruption that was happening in my case. The local MP (Mo Mowlam at the time so no lightweight!) promised to help, and publicly swore to get rid of it but she was defeated because in the UK Coroners are answerable to no one.

Back