• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Bought a lot of bituminous anti-corrosion mastic, joint sealant, rust converter. On June 3 my order will come - a semiautomatic welding machine, a compressor. Yesterday I climbed under the car. work plan - I will start from the back under the car, gradually move to the front. After that, a complete painting of the car with a raptop. Sounds easy)

Hi) it's time to change. Goodbye bf goodrich at 235.70r16. Hello Goodyear Wrangler AT 245.70r16) El will be higher. I ordered tires. waiting)

What ideas? What kind of mechanism? Details are needed)

It looks like a 3 bike carrier.
It folds down from the top to reveal the 3 grooves for the bike tires.

Hello ELSib.

This was my off-road/expedition vehicle- Delica L400 2.8TD.

I sold it recently and I have regretted it ever since. I used the used the sale money to landscape my garden - I lost out to a really bad exchange.

Hello ELSib.

This was my off-road/expedition vehicle- Delica L400 2.8TD.

I sold it recently and I have regretted it ever since. I used the used the sale money to landscape my garden - I lost out to a really bad exchange.
Great bus) before buying El, I watched the delics. But Еl chose only because of the immortal qd32 engine and an excellent interior. Although I knew that rust would become my "best" friend)

In general) life is in full swing) new work takes a lot of time. I work in another city and come home only for the weekend. I have to run between the problem of Elgrand and housework, in particular, 4 days off my wife and I planted a garden (thuja, spruce, pine, larch, currant, barberry, lilac, pumpkin, zucchini, taiga strawberry, etc.). Took a new rubber (goodyear wrangler), a new grille, optics.
Took away welding and painting equipment. I bought a lot of metal, prepared patches for the frame. I also bought metal to make a hydraulic press for replacing the bushings on the levers and disassembling (assembling) the front shock absorbers. Here's an example press.

I also found a rust center on the doorstep. Today I had to urgently clean the doorstep, cover it with a rust remover and paint it with hammer paint (found in the garage) - a temporary solution.

To be honest, I had the idea to sell my tractor more than once. But every time we spent the free money on a house, land and equipment) Every time we got patience, get distracted by the garden, family, house) problems with the land got out (the developer did not properly divide the land between the owners). In general, our family is like a small boat during a storm) from one worries to another) we still live) this is a small price to change something for the better) it was decided to suffer with Elgrand for the next 5-7 years)

I hope all your hard work pays off.. you do put most owners to shame with what you do to keep your tractor going .. hope you and the family are well and enjoying your new home ..

I hope all your hard work pays off.. you do put most owners to shame with what you do to keep your tractor going .. hope you and the family are well and enjoying your new home ..
Thank you friend) keeping the tractor in good working order is a must. There is no other car. Of course, ideally E51 2.5L 4x4, but the cost of this with normal documents and in a normal state is about 50% of the cost of my house)

Thank you friend) keeping the tractor in good working order is a must. There is no other car. Of course, ideally E51 2.5L 4x4, but the cost of this with normal documents and in a normal state is about 50% of the cost of my house)
Stick with the tractor , no diesel E51 engines ..we have been planting this year also , looking forward to seeing it on the dinner table..

Keep up the good work mate got to keep these old buses going it will be worth all the cutting and welding in the end

Destroying rust ...

Destroying rust ...
That is the best way - cut it out - weld plates - treat with high lead paint then fill box sections with expanding foam, job done.
👍

Back