• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Poor el looks cold outside don't be beaten by the tin worm battle to the end ;) 🎄

It's a shame they go like that as the qd is a tough engine and would far out live the body

In Russia, TD 27, QD32 are very often installed on our Russian UAZ SUVs. Only modifications without turbines and with a simple (mechanical) fuel pump.

Interesting I imagine without turbo and fuel pump it would run for ever I've read somewhere that it was also used in a fork lift on the tuning side think they can also produce good power with money spent I've seen an uprated at12 but haven't seen any detailed info

Interesting I imagine without turbo and fuel pump it would run for ever I've read somewhere that it was also used in a fork lift on the tuning side think they can also produce good power with money spent I've seen an uprated at12 but haven't seen any detailed info
Nissan Datsun is available with a "real" QD32 mechanical pump)

Surely taking the turbo off would make it very slow? I once had a non turbo 2.5D E-Class Mercedes, it was the slowest car in the world.

Maybe for reliability the qd is rather agriculture if it's back to basics

Surely taking the turbo off would make it very slow? I once had a non turbo 2.5D E-Class Mercedes, it was the slowest car in the world.
Once I had a 1995 Nissan Patrol with a TD42 engine (4.2L) atmospheric (not turbo). Patrol did not accelerate at all, but he drove slowly everywhere - mud, snow, water, stones, rocks))

Not sure how the weather and temp in Siberia affects a turbo, my Mum was there for a while at -30/40
low temperature only affects the flow rate. if in the summer El eats 12 liters, then at -30 / -40 El eats from 17 liters and sometimes more than 20 liters. And the quality of the fuel is of great importance. Even in Irkutsk. although there is an oil refinery and fuel production plant nearby, the quality of the diesel is sooo low. At -30, fuel can easily freeze in the filter and in the tank))

when I lived in the city, I parked my car next to an apartment building. In extreme cold, I started the engine in the evening and the engine worked all night until the morning.

Hi))) -34 degrees ..) in the Garage -15 (normal). On the way to the city from home, "quality" winter diesel fuel turned into paraffin and clogged the fuel filter)
Bottom line: the engine does not pick up above 2500 rpm (although I drive no more than 2000 rpm). The installed cardboard between the cooling radiator and the air conditioner radiator helps a little, it's still warm in the cabin)
Winter says hello)))

-41 ... In the garage - 17. On the way to work, the diesel fuel began to freeze. The speed dropped and no more than 40 km.h. Moving in 2nd gear. I went to the service to change the fuel filter. Waiting in line .. Have a great day everyone)

-41 ... In the garage - 17. On the way to work, the diesel fuel began to freeze. The speed dropped and no more than 40 km.h. Moving in 2nd gear. I went to the service to change the fuel filter. Waiting in line .. Have a great day everyone)
When we think we have bad conditions it's nothing to what you endure every day bloody harsh that

Back