• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

peter strokosz

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
peter
I know they used to light small fires below there fuel tanks to warm up the fuel in Eastern Europe... I’m sure they have found a better way now days ... do feel for you and your struggles with the cold weather ... wish you and your family good luck and stay warm

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
I have electric heated seat covers... we use them to warm up our glues in the winter ... could you do this to your fuel tank?
We have a lot of inventions))))) we have such covers. and screw the glow plugs into the fuel filter) BUT the simplest thing is not to operate the car and save it), which is what I will do in the coming holidays)

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
I know they used to light small fires below there fuel tanks to warm up the fuel in Eastern Europe... I’m sure they have found a better way now days ... do feel for you and your struggles with the cold weather ... wish you and your family good luck and stay warm
Thank you))) This fight against the cold is a seasonal common thing)

Elliematt83

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
My e50 must come from colder climates as it has the winter pack and rad blind which I've never needed to use

Elliematt83

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
I don't think it would make a difference at all where you are interested to know what parts of Japan it was made for the only thing I benefit from is the twin battery using one for lesure

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
Hello everyone. So the New Year's 10 days of rest are over) tomorrow to work.

Elliematt83

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
Looks like you have had plenty of fun on your time off boris:)

dognero

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Glad you had fun

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Takes me back my sons used inflatable rings on snow about 20 years ago , great fun , enjoy

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
Hey. I sit at work and think ....
Is it possible to make a "camper module" in EL. That is, "work" everyday life I have a standard salon?. And when you have to go, you just need to take out the standard interior and how to install this "module". That is, all furniture, stove, sink are quickly removable. Himself in shock)))
Why is that?
Because the trends of the past years tell me that:
1. Not many big trips, and when they do happen, it is not very comfortable in the cabin.
2. It makes no sense and it is very expensive to have a second "camper" car, in view of the small number of trips where a camper would be useful.
3. Making a stationary camper out of El is not convenient. In ordinary life, I don't need to carry a house in the cabin)))
What ideas? ))

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World