• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Hi Boris

Sending best wishes for good health and a happy time this Christmas and New Year. (Do you celebrate on Christmas Eve or January 7?)

I really enjoy reading your diary, thanks for posting it. I used to love coming to Russia - only Moscow and St Petersburg - but I used to drive from Hungary into Ukraine and then towards Moscow and onto St Petersburg. Coming back via Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania, I was always impressed with the number of "tractor factories" I passed (!) but used to really enjoy meeting people in all the countries. I discovered that people all over the world are generally good, its just the hats. In my experience the bigger the hat, the bigger the problem.

All the best

Chris

Hi Boris

Sending best wishes for good health and a happy time this Christmas and New Year. (Do you celebrate on Christmas Eve or January 7?)

I really enjoy reading your diary, thanks for posting it. I used to love coming to Russia - only Moscow and St Petersburg - but I used to drive from Hungary into Ukraine and then towards Moscow and onto St Petersburg. Coming back via Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania, I was always impressed with the number of "tractor factories" I passed (!) but used to really enjoy meeting people in all the countries. I discovered that people all over the world are generally good, its just the hats. In my experience the bigger the hat, the bigger the problem.

All the best

Chris
Thank you very much)
In Russia, holidays begin on December 31st. First, we celebrate the New Year, on January 7 at the Orthodox Christmas, I do not belong to believers)) It's great that you were the capital of Russia and in the cultural capital of St. Petersburg.) I strongly advise you to visit the Far East (Vladivostok), especially in September. And be sure to come to us in Irkutsk and visit Baikal, go to Olkhon Island and other bays of Baikal).

December 29 on the calendar.
Tomorrow is the last working day of the year. from 31 to 1 on the night we celebrate the New Year. Then we have holidays and on January 9 we go back to work. On January 7, believers celebrate Christmas.
By tradition, I need to take stock of the year ..
The year was terrible without comment. I really hope that 2023 will not be worse.
About Elgrand. Rides, transports, in general, Elgrand does its job. Started a complete re-welding of the body. Finished at 50%, the right side is ready, the left side will be repaired in the spring + complete repainting of the body. Just like always scheduled repairs + replacement of oil seals on the engine (too many oil smudges).
I don’t plan anything particularly grandiose, there will probably be trips, but it all depends on the “surprises” of 2023.
In general, I wish you all friends, good health to you and your families, dream, make your dreams come true, move only forward. I wish your Elgrands not to break down, and eat less fuel).
We all believe in love and kindness and are preparing to meet 2023)

wtf. the first working day, or rather the morning, did not start with coffee .. I took the child to kindergarten and .. And the battery check lit up. having examined, I saw that the belt was intact, the wiring was intact, the voltage was 12V. Drove to work on a battery. I removed the alternator and sent it in for repair. As a result, for replacement: stator winding, diode bridge, bearings, brushes .. Super morning...

morning) in the garage -10. outside - 41) last night filled a full tank of diesel and added anti-gel. I drove it to the garage and let the engine run for 15 minutes.
I live in the countryside (15 km from the city), and work in the city.
Traffic jams at the entrance to the city are common. Today I left 20 minutes early to avoid traffic jams. I was moving the highway in the stream of cars, turned on the winter mode, and switched to 2nd gear, it was more comfortable and warmer)) the average flow speed was 25 km / h)
I seriously thought about replacing the interior heater radiators.

It got cold. -49) almost -50) By tradition, El heated up in the garage. At the nearest gas station, I bought anti-gel from LAVR. Filled the car with at least 50l. On the highway, the average speed of the flow was 30 km/h. I switched on the snow mode, 2nd gear. It’s quite warm in the car)) I was driving quietly, drinking hot tea with lemon and ginger) All frosty morning)

Finished the right side. applied the final 3 coats of epoxy primer. Basically a sandwich like this:
1 layer. acid soil
2 layer. acrylic primer.
3. layer. Fiberglass putty.
4. layer. finishing putty.
5. layer. 3 coats of epoxy primer.
6. layer. yet to come. This is Hamerite paint.
Great work Boris nice to see the love you have for your tractor and I don't know how you cope with the cold where you are I think it's bad here at the min you must be tough as old boots🥶

And we complain about - 3
Stay safe @ELSib my friend

Boris, I can't imagine how cold that must feel.
We keep things in the freezer. Boris doesn't need one - he needs something to get the temp up - not down. :cold_sweat:
Yes but we are all pooofs and not used to it lol
I’m sure @ELSib is hard as nails
Thank you friends) For us -50 is an anomaly, but real strong guys are in Yakutia .. there -50 is the norm)) and sometimes -60 .. Elgrand did a good job and continues to cope with difficulties.

Great work Boris nice to see the love you have for your tractor and I don't know how you cope with the cold where you are I think it's bad here at the min you must be tough as old boots🥶
Thank you) about painting with Hamerite, I'm still thinking. I plan to finish the left side in the spring or summer. And paint around with epoxy primer .. And there I will already think about what kind of coating to paint and what color)

Thank you) about painting with Hamerite, I'm still thinking. I plan to finish the left side in the spring or summer. And paint around with epoxy primer .. And there I will already think about what kind of coating to paint and what color)
I've epoxyd mine then I'll be finishing in stone chip then basecoat same as body then clear coat

Back