• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Hi) numerous oil smudges from the engine, steering rack, dead turbine, wiring problems, bodywork (left side) makes me think about the essentials) decided to stop the Tractor in May and leave it in the garage. I will think about how to dismantle the engine (I know that the engine should be lowered, but my garage height does not allow). Ideas to disassemble the front, dismantle the radiators and cut the body in front and pull the engine over the top). Or an option to sell a tired tractor and buy a Nissan Patrol / Safari / Datsun / Terrano)
In general, I will think)

(I know that the engine should be lowered, but my garage height does not allow). Ideas to disassemble the front, dismantle the radiators and cut the body in front and pull the engine over the top).
Possibly easier to raise the garage? (I'm half serious)

I wish you well with it - your ability to mend things yourself is inspirational to me.

The warmer weather is coming and I am sure a man with your welding skills could make a frame to put over your E50 to hoist the body up outside.
Good luck mate.

Definitely doable if you cut the front bar and weld it back afterwards how come you need the motor out
There are a lot of reasons. I want to fully service the internal combustion engine - replace all gaskets, all seals, possibly oil scraper rings on the pistons. You also need to deal with oil leaks. it is also necessary to weld the engine mounting points, very large corrosion. Service the steering rack (completely disassemble and replace the oil seals and plastic bushing), service the front gearbox. Automatic transmission - replace the oil seal. Disassemble the transfer case and replace the seals and bearings. (there was a beating on the front cardan, but not in the crosses).

Sounds like a big challenge mate but as we know the e50 is worth doing even if you put it to one side for a while and do bit at a time so get them thoughts of getting rid out your head:joy:

Hello from Siberia)
Elgrand continues to ride)
Started chapter 3 "Wiring"
....and finally got to the bottom of the truth why I have problems with non-stealed engine operation. Since my Elgrand was imported into the country as spare parts back in 2007. It was dismantled and the engine dismantled in Japan. And Elgrand came to Russia as a set of spare parts, where it was assembled back.When the engine was taken out, instead of turning off the breaks, the wiring was simply cut. In Russia, it was not very conscientiously assembled back (a huge amount of some kind of wires, a sea of electrical tape and twisted contacts). In general, over the years, all this beauty began to fall apart. I found these connections and gradually began to fix the problems ..The result is +10 to the stable operation of the engine !!!!
Started the 2nd chapter "Rusty Body".
Many plans, little time.
I decided to start from the back, as there the frame has a lot of corrosion and through holes. Also plans to install a hitch from Patrol + spare wheel bracket.As always, I cut out a lot of rust and installed a profile pipe (120cm x 80cm thickness 4mm) .. All this was fixed to the frame.Work continues. This time I'm doing it so that El can ride, and not stand like last year ..

Hey my friend, Are you the guy who posted the lifted Elgrand videos on YouTube a few years back?

They convinced me that an Elgrand has good off road abilities and will be perfect for what I want to do here in the UK.

After all your heavy duty work you're going to have an Elgrand Autobot from Transformers 😁

Lots to do but will last for many years 👍

Hey my friend, Are you the guy who posted the lifted Elgrand videos on YouTube a few years back?

They convinced me that an Elgrand has good off road abilities and will be perfect for what I want to do here in the UK.

After all your heavy duty work you're going to have an Elgrand Autobot from Transformers 😁
Hello. no, that guy is not meElgrand is suitable for moderate off-road use. Transmission, automatic transmission, engine (QD 32) - ideal for 4x4 trips.
BUT.
The rigidity of the body, especially the front spars that attach the front shock absorbers, are very unreliable. I have been driving the Elgrand (lift + 8cm) for 5 years and I have seen several places where the metal bursts (this is not rust or corrosion).But this is my choice, I eliminate all defects.)This is my opinion, well, I must take into account the operation of Elgrand as a truck and the specifics of my work, that I often have to move off the asphalt (fields, dirt)

If you can't raise the workshop roof can you make a pit inside? You could make one outside if you have something to cover (Tarpaulin?) the pit area.

If you can't raise the workshop roof can you make a pit inside? You could make one outside if you have something to cover (Tarpaulin?) the pit area.
Unfortunately, when I bought the house, the garage had already been built by the builder. And this garage is designed for a "city" car - a sedan .. Pit can be dug up, but getting into the pit will be problematic, Elgrand closes almost the entire garage)

Back