• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Simply Jap 29th July 2018 at Beaulieu Motor Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows, you need to buy an advanced e-ticket online specifying numbers of adults/children in each Elgrand - participant tickets for arriving in a Japanese marque - adult £10, child £5:
https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/simply-japanese-2018

Also, if anyone is visiting and not with the Elgrand OC/in a none Japanese car then you can also buy visitors tickets in advance or on the day but they are quite a bit more expensive than the participant ones.

Last edited:
I've started a new thread for this to avoid confusion with last years.
https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese/

I'll be going and can book a club stand for us if there is enough interest. We have to know numbers and make the reservation at least 2 weeks in advance, so lets have a cut off date for committing of 9th July.

I'm not really sure of the point of reserving club space as according to the website they still wish us to arrive at the same time. Alternatively we could just meet up and when arriving together we should be able to park together.
UPDATE FROM @daddyof4 - if we don't pre-book the we could be in a car park, so hope there is enough interest and I can book club space!

Participants will need to book their own e-ticket per vehicle regardless of whether we book club space - if there is enough interest to book club space then please let me know when you have ordered so I can keep track of numbers. Either send me a message or post to this thread and I will update the list below (don't worry if I don't do this immediately as I'm working quite long hours at the moment and so might not do it until late on).

I'm not familiar with the area but propose using last years meet point unless anyone has any other suggestions or preferences?

Meeting Time:
8.00 to 8.30 if we book the club
8.30 to 9.00 if we don't pre-book

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
SO45 5JA

I won't be camping but lets also use this thread to help organise anyone wanting to.

1. Lize
  2. Karlos
  3. Alan Morgan
  4. Winchester
  5. Elena
  6. E50ZRider
  7. George Shacklady
  8. Peter Strokosz - UNCOMFIRMED
[/QUOT

I'll be going and can book a club stand for us if there is enough interest. We have to know numbers and make the reservation at least 2 weeks in advance, so lets have a cut off date for committing of 9th July.

I'm not really sure of the point of reserving club space as according to the website they still wish us to arrive at the same time. Alternatively we could just meet up and when arriving together we should be able to park together.
UPDATE FROM @daddyof4 - if we don't pre-book the we could be in a car park, so hope there is enough interest and I can book club space!

Participants will need to book their own e-ticket per vehicle regardless of whether we book club space - if there is enough interest to book club space then please let me know when you have ordered so I can keep track of numbers. Either send me a message or post to this thread and I will update the list below (don't worry if I don't do this immediately as I'm working quite long hours at the moment and so might not do it until late on).

I'm not familiar with the area but propose using last years meet point unless anyone has any other suggestions or preferences?

Meeting Time:

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
SO45 5JA

I won't be camping but lets also use this thread to help organise anyone wanting to.

1. Lize
  2. Karlos
  3. Alan Morgan
  4. Winchester
  5. Elena
  6. E50ZRider
  7. George Shacklady
I’d like to come to this. Will probably come down the day before and find somewhere to camp. Shame they don’t have camping onsite.
Looks good though, so count me in. 😉

Meeting Time:

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
SO45 5JA

1. Lize
  2. Karlos
  3. Alan Morgan
  4. Winchester
  5. Elena
  6. E50ZRider
  7. George Shacklady
[/QUOT

Meeting Time:

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
SO45 5JA

1. Lize
  2. Karlos
  3. Alan Morgan
  4. Winchester
  5. Elena
  6. E50ZRider
  7. George Shacklady
Looks good. I’m in. Might come down the day before and camp up somewhere. I’ll get my ticket. 😉

Me and my good lady wife will be attending.just checked dates and all is good ..

Hubby and I are coming along too! Just got to palm kids off on someone and we might even enjoy it!

I took a car back to the dealer for warranty repair on the GPS this morning (not the Elgrand). Before setting off I popped the nav on to see what it was doing. Its previously shown an entire blue map of an ocean somewhere and announced "Warning, deep water ahead". Today it thought I was in Beaulieu but judging from the other places around it, somewhere in France, thought it was funny.

Any more takers?
There's quite a few making long trips for this event, when I visit the Bournemouth area I always see a few Elgrands, surely there must be a few more local people interested?

Hoping to have ours in the next couple of weeks... just off the boat and going to Dan Bell to do the mods
If we have it in time will definitely come
Is there a maximum number for the club stand ?

Excellent, it promises to be a very good first club trip for you and give you chance to ask any questions you may have :)
I have to book the number of vehicles attending but I can easily include another in the hope you can come along.

Thats a dozen, I was hoping for twenty...

I will contact Dan and see how long the mods and registration takes
😎

Hi Liz,

Hope its not unlucky 13, I have just booked my ticket.

Yes, you've got the 13th spot but I can't see it bringing any bad luck :)

In some countries the number 13 brings luck..shame we don’t live in one of them...😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back