• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Simply Jap 29th July 2018 at Beaulieu Motor Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lize

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
East Anglia
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Liz
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
I've started a new thread for this to avoid confusion with last years.
https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese/

I'll be going and can book a club stand for us if there is enough interest. We have to know numbers and make the reservation at least 2 weeks in advance, so lets have a cut off date for committing of 9th July.

I'm not really sure of the point of reserving club space as according to the website they still wish us to arrive at the same time. Alternatively we could just meet up and when arriving together we should be able to park together.
UPDATE FROM @daddyof4 - if we don't pre-book the we could be in a car park, so hope there is enough interest and I can book club space!

Participants will need to book their own e-ticket per vehicle regardless of whether we book club space - if there is enough interest to book club space then please let me know when you have ordered so I can keep track of numbers. Either send me a message or post to this thread and I will update the list below (don't worry if I don't do this immediately as I'm working quite long hours at the moment and so might not do it until late on).

I'm not familiar with the area but propose using last years meet point unless anyone has any other suggestions or preferences?

Meeting Time:
8.00 to 8.30 if we book the club
8.30 to 9.00 if we don't pre-book

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
SO45 5JA

I won't be camping but lets also use this thread to help organise anyone wanting to.

1. Lize - Tesco
  2. Karlos - Tesco
  3. Alan Morgan - Tesco
  4. Winchester - Tesco
  5. Elena - Tesco
  6. E51ZRider - Tesco
  7. George Shacklady - Tesco
  8. Peter Strokosz - Tesco
  9. Theislandman - Tesco
  10. Ajh2001 - Tesco
  11. dangerous brain - unconfirmed
  12. Omalley - Awaiting DVLA/Elgrand but will see us at Beaulieu :-(
  13. Alboy - Tesco
  14. RudeDawgandDweebs - Tesco
  15. sdp - Meet at Beaulieu
  16. Initial D - Tesco
  17. Initial D's friend (Probably meet at Beaulieu)
  18. Jonp13 - Tesco

Last edited:
Hi @Lize we went last year and unless you book club space you will be in the public parking area from what I can remember. Great day and lots to see. Sorry but can't make this one as I go to Cornwall on the same day.

For sure lets book club space then.
Shame you can't come, have a good time in Cornwall :)

put me down on the list had a great time the last two years, we book a guest house and make a weekend of it

@Lize - thank you for taking the time to organise this! If I remember rightly there was a great deal of interest in this in previous years. I'd love to make it one year, but it's a massive drive from Hartlepool, so maybe when the LPG is in or I've saved up enough to get there :D

Just as a note, I've edited the OP for you to add @Karlos above (assuming he has booked his place). I have also turned your manual list into an automatic numbered list (there is an option in the text toolbar at the top of the post, if you hover the mouse over all the icons it comes up with "list", or if you are using a mobile device, it has 4 horizontal lines of equal length). From there you can select "ordered list" which gives you numbers, and adds to the list if you go to the next line of text (press enter/return).

Hope the organisation goes well - if you are not on the Facebook group, I'll share it there for you.

It's highly unlikely that I'll have mine by then - it's not even close to being on a boat yet, but I'll definitely be visiting with the family and will make sure to come say hi if we do end up getting a club stand. Thanks for organising.

Lovely day last year.
Worth going even if it's just for the Jensen Interceptor in the museum!
(Yes I had one)
Nice one Lize.

Thanks @Karl, good tip about the bullets :). I'm not on facebook so it would be great if you add it there. Yes, it would be a very long drive, its many years since I've been to the museum but its definitely worth a visit if you can plan a holiday round it at some point. Did you decide on LPG in the end?

@Steve Thompson - I had a proxy bid on an Intercepter at auction a few years ago but it went way out of my budget, it was part of an estate sale where the chap had mothballed quite a few fairly unusual cars including less common Maseratis. One of my favourites at Beaulieu is the Auburn Speedster driven by Marlene Dietrich in Desire.

@sdp - be great to see you, I'm sure there'll be a good turn out and plenty of Elgrands to check out.

Have just purchased my ticket @Lize - I'll be along with the camper (and the good lady if I can persuade here that it's much more than a 'petrol heads' day ;)).

Thank you very much for stepping forward to get this organised - last year was my first visit and apart from chatting to Elgranders, lots of folks from other areas popped along and the conversation and topics was varied and certainly not all about cars (just mentioning this in case 'other halves' are concerned about this ;)).

Good stuff @Alan Morgan

There's lots of other things to do at Beaulieu too, House, Abbey and gardens, it doesn't have to be all Elgrands and cars :p

great bird of prey display well worth a visit

Would be great to see double figures for this event... I know it's been started a little last minute, but surely we can pull 10 people together to show off at this great show?

I will work on the Mrs, Her mum lives just down road so might just bring my boy as he loves Beaulieu and the cars...

Please add me to the list, I’ve booked my tickets

Where do you camp? Thinking about coming along!

Please add me to the list, I’ve booked my tickets

Great @Winchester, added to the list :)

Where do you camp? Thinking about coming along!

@Ajh2001, if you haven't been Beaulieu is really good and well worth a visit on its own. My Elgrands a camper and I've only stayed on sites nearer Bournemouth, you'll probably want to be a bit closer, maybe post as a question in the new South West regional forum so someone local may be able to help?

Hi Liz,
Yes I am definitely coming, please add me to your list. Thanks!

I'm coming

I've booked my tickets... wife and son coming with me...

Hi I am coming down from Southport and staying on a campsite a few miles away I think I would like to be on the stand with all if possible
just need to now book tickets not sure what type of tickets I need for me and the wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back