• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

I left school at 14.
I walked out of the school at 3.45pm and started work at 4pm.
I worked 44 hours a week.
Friday came and I got paid.
My take-home pay was £3. 5s 5d. (£3.27p = 7.5p an hour.)
My Mother took the £3 and I got the rest, which meant that I was getting less than 1p an hour.

The good old days? Stuff 'em! I couldn't afford a new pair of shoes for work when the only pair I owned had a hole in the sole. I cut pieces of cardboard to put inside the shoe and put shoe polish on the cardboard to make it less obvious. I did things that I'm not proud of just to get by. I left home in the north east at 16 after getting caught by the police for twoc and, with the help of my probation officer, went to work in London for a much better wage and living arrangements.
Life improved after that...

I left school at 14.
My Mother took the £3 and I got the rest, which meant that I was getting less than 1p an hour.

The good old days? Stuff 'em! I couldn't afford a new pair of shoes for work when the only pair I owned had a hole in the sole. I cut pieces of cardboard to put inside the shoe and put shoe polish on the cardboard to make it less obvious. I did things that I'm not proud of just to get by. I left home in the north east at 16 after getting caught by the police for twoc and, with the help of my probation officer, went to work in London for a much better wage and living arrangements.
Had to Google twoc...
A trial without catheter (TWOC) is when a catheter (the tube inserted into your bladder to drain urine) is removed from the bladder for a trial period to determine whether you are able to pass urine spontaneously.
Bet the police wouldn't get involved with that these days 🤔

I left school at 14.

There weren't any 20mph zones though :cool:

I've had that kind of twoc John and can tell you that catheters are a pain in the arse willy.
I had an enlarged prostate and my stupid GP said I'd be OK - even though I was wanting to pee all the time and wasn't sleeping.
I called an emergency GP out at midnight and he got an ambulance organised pronto!
I got into hospital and they scanned my bladder and then put a catheter in. I was so exhausted after not sleeping for a week that I fell asleep as soon as the pressure was relieved. While I slept for a couple of hours three and a half litres of urine drained out and they said it had backed up into my kidneys etc and I now had sepsis!
I had to have a catheter in until they could get my prostate sorted. This was going to take at least six months. I put up with the *&^%*&$ cathether for as long as I could and then I went private and had it done within a week. Bliss!!!

I've had that kind of twoc John and can tell you that catheters are a pain in the arse willy.
I had an enlarged prostate and my stupid GP said I'd be OK - even though I was wanting to pee all the time and wasn't sleeping.
I called an emergency GP out at midnight and he got an ambulance organised pronto!
I got into hospital and they scanned my bladder and then put a catheter in. I was so exhausted after not sleeping for a week that I fell asleep as soon as the pressure was relieved. While I slept for a couple of hours three and a half litres of urine drained out and they said it had backed up into my kidneys etc and I now had sepsis!
I had to have a catheter in until they could get my prostate sorted. This was going to take at least six months. I put up with the *&^%*&$ cathether for as long as I could and then I went private and had it done within a week. Bliss!!!
I hope everything is okay and sorted now.

OMG!!!
Hope all well now. Brought tears to my eyes just reading that.

we were minors of the ABC:

We are the boys and girls well known as
Minors of the ABC
And every Saturday all line up
To see the films we like, and shout aloud with glee
We like to laugh and have a singsong
Such a happy crowd are we.
We're all pals together.
We're minors of the A-B-C.

I left school at 14.

Modern day snowflakes couldn't cope with it, they would need counselling for the mental stress.

Back