• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

Remember when you didn’t know anything about money or politics other than when your pocket money was due or when they used your school as a polling station. Getting in from school and wolfing your food down so you could go out and play until you heard your mother screaming your name. Waking up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday and Sunday so you could go and play with your mates until it started to get dark and the obligatory Sunday night bath while being told off for losing your football / scuffing your shoes / ripping your trousers / getting filthy dirty and or possibly (coz the jury’s still out) throwing stones at the neighbours dog….happy days and none the worse for it apart from the odd scar.

I can remember paying 11d (almost 5p) for a pint of real scrumpy cider, in a pub in Devon in about 1960. It had bits floating in it.
It was kept in massive barrels behind the bar and was made by local farmers. It was quite strong.

(Hovis ad music fades in, northern salt of the earth type in a flat cap, looking up a cobbled hill pensively...)
... When LPG was under 60p a litre?
(Hovis ad music fades out,Elgrand in the background)

When your kids would sleep till after you had a chance to get up and have a quiet brew, not wake you at 5am wanting to play scalextrix/Lego/Nintendo/read a book, including ALL the character voices you do....😴

Remember when you didn’t know anything about money or politics other than when your pocket money was due or when they used your school as a polling station. Getting in from school and wolfing your food down so you could go out and play until you heard your mother screaming your name. Waking up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday and Sunday so you could go and play with your mates until it started to get dark and the obligatory Sunday night bath while being told off for losing your football / scuffing your shoes / ripping your trousers / getting filthy dirty and or possibly (coz the jury’s still out) throwing stones at the neighbours dog….happy days and none the worse for it apart from the odd scar.
And having to wear your 'Sunday Best' :)

View attachment 98057

I would like a night out at this bar - drink anyone ?
I can remember when I first worked in a pub part time, and my dad came to visit me. He said he was not going to come back again, as a bottle of brown ale was 10p, because it was only 7p in his usual pub. 3p was a big difference in 1971.

I can remember paying 11d (almost 5p) for a pint of real scrumpy cider, in a pub in Devon in about 1960. It had bits floating in it.
It was kept in massive barrels behind the bar and was made by local farmers. It was quite strong.
Did this in the early 80's in Somerset/Avon, fromfarms. Can't remember how much but you could use your own container.

Back