• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Screen VTR Selct

The button to the left of the TV button is the screen control menu.
 
As soon as I connect a device via this rca socket will the monitor pick it up as at the moment there is no recognition at all. I think I may have to try another media source. There is a guy on youtube that connects an ipod and is able to play a video. Has he had to convert the video to NTSC or am I missing something?
After selecting TV, use the joystick to navigate to the top right most button and select this to switch to VTR mode. Next time you select TV, you will be in VTR mode
 
Help! I can’t get mine to work in my 03 E51, I. Can’t get the screen to VTR, the tv button on dash doesn’t work, the front display screen is not there and I’m waiting on a new one to connect, is there any other way to change to vtr? Only one rear remote that doesn’t have a vtr button
Hi did you figure out how to select VTR without remote ???
 
Hello to everyone. Im Greg hope I will bring some goodies to Elgrand community however for now I need some help.
I decide to fitt in to my E51 Series 2 2005 Pioneer F50BT DVD double din. Got my all harnes done.Well was Plugband play really 🙂 However when I use RSA cable from double din to the back of a car socket on VTR I’m only able to have this picture on factory screen. Anybody have a knowledge what I may done wrong or need to purchase some device??
Many thanks
Greg
 

Attachments

  • AC41B2C2-67F2-428B-8DB3-34768E2D1800.jpeg
    AC41B2C2-67F2-428B-8DB3-34768E2D1800.jpeg
    493.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello to everyone. Im Greg hope I will bring some goodies to Elgrand community however for now I need some help.
I decide to fitt in to my E51 Series 2 2005 Pioneer F50BT DVD double din. Got my all harnes done.Well was Plugband play really 🙂 However when I use RSA cable from double din to the back of a car socket on VTR I’m only able to have this picture on factory screen. Anybody have a knowledge what I may done wrong or need to purchase some device??
Many thanks
Greg
You'll be needing one of these....

 
You'll be needing one of these....

Thank you for your answer. I’m not the greatest with this electronics devices. Can you tell me where I should plug this in. The black connector is it going to the my aftermarket unit ? Just don’t remember if is any thing like that there. But I will look into it.
Thanks again. 💪🙂
 
Thank you for your answer. I’m not the greatest with this electronics devices. Can you tell me where I should plug this in. The black connector is it going to the my aftermarket unit ? Just don’t remember if is any thing like that there. But I will look into it.
Thanks again. 💪🙂
The black end connects to the Elgrand audio loom the other end into the aux in of the HU.
 
Alright then I will buy this now. Hope the colours are back and can be watched like suppose to be
🙂
Thank You
 
Alright then I will buy this now. Hope the colours are back and can be watched like suppose to be
🙂
Thank You
Before you order I may have misunderstood so check that your head unit has the video output set to NTSC. The cable is for audio only.
 
Before you order I may have misunderstood so check that your head unit has the video output set to NTSC. The cable is for audio only.
I haven’t ordered yet. Thing is I have the audio trough speakers going just don’t know why my factory screens are black and white like on picure i have provided. I haven’t change nothing on may Pioneer aftermarket unit because I don’t know how 😩
 
This is how is looks like.
 

Attachments

  • B7FB9D02-B9E7-45E4-9A4E-46A298A9DAA7.jpeg
    B7FB9D02-B9E7-45E4-9A4E-46A298A9DAA7.jpeg
    493.6 KB · Views: 7
I haven’t ordered yet. Thing is I have the audio trough speakers going just don’t know why my factory screens are black and white like on picure i have provided. I haven’t change nothing on may Pioneer aftermarket unit because I don’t know how 😩
The Elgrand uses the Japanese TV system NTSC. If you have bought a HU in the UK it will run on the UK system which is PAL. The two systems use different colour encoding so you'll need to set the Pioneer video output to NTSC to match the Elgrand. If the Pioneer doesn't have that option you can buy signal converters on eBay for a few quid.
 
Got RCA cables and a hdmi adapter, plug it into my phone and it screen mirrors it in colour. However whenever I play any video it just buffers and never plays. Anyone any ideas?
 
Got RCA cables and a hdmi adapter, plug it into my phone and it screen mirrors it in colour. However whenever I play any video it just buffers and never plays. Anyone any ideas?
Have you select the VTR on the panel ?
 
Series 3 have aux, series 1 and 2 VTR. If the picture is showing and it's buffering then it's down to your phone rather than the Elgrand.
 
Back
Top