• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Well needless to say lots of trouble free miles yesterday! Down to Leicester to pick up Girlfriend and fam, up to the Christmas do, then dropping everyone off again, and back down to London ready for work today! I am sure glad I have LPG cos I am doing a lot more miles than I expected when I bought her!

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do 👍🏻
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do 👍🏻
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
My E51 was what I promised myself if I survived a major illness. Looking on ebay and auto trader kept me sane, and when mine found me it was a milestone! And I've not been disappointed. It's a lovely, quirky and immensely practical fun motor. And you can't say that about much else in this price range!

I sat and chilled for two and half hours in mine this morning waiting for a shop to open for the black Friday deal I'm crackers I know but can't think of a better car to sit back in doing nothing for that time ,flicked on a DVD and relaxed it was Mickey Mouse club house mind, my lads tho honest not mine :Dand she drove beautiful there and back :p

Last weekend I drove from Sheffield To Rydal near Ambleside and return. It drove as sweet as a nut.

I drove mine for the first time for somewhere between 2 and 3 months yesterday. Amazingly started straight away - new battery has made world of difference, not got the battery drain problem I thought I had!

Used it a fair bit last two days and behaved perfectly.

Though I went out in it tonight and getting a suspicious noise at higher speed, guessing wheel bearing so I'm probably in the wrong thread :sob:

On the plus side, did its job hauling crap back from IKEA / stupid PC World Black Friday purchases and I really did enjoy driving again it so it may get away with it :joy:

I am realistic, it's an old car now and it has been less trouble than any other old car I've had and some much newer ones...

Don't really need it but can't find something to replace it with - surely that's an endorsement!

Always been a reliable and very comfortable car. Used it to carry all the home renovation including stuff from IKEA and didn't do a beat.

That fuel consumption is scary though, especially when compared with my Prius' 4.5L/100km. You can visibly see it go down after each use!

Hah funny to find someone else with exactly the same situation as me. I don't really use the car unless I need to carry lots of stuff/people... So it sits in my driveway and the battery ran flat a couple of times, now have got battery drain issues.

There's also the plan to DIY a camping module so I can go on weekend trips.

If I were to replace it, I'd get an e51 awd for the two sliding doors and better handling in snow/mud. However, I much prefer the look of the e50 and that it can use 91 Ron petrol safely.

new battery has made world of difference, not got the battery drain problem I thought I had!

Used it a fair bit last two days and behaved perfectly.

Though I went out in it tonight and getting a suspicious noise at higher speed, guessing wheel bearing so I'm probably in the wrong thread :sob:

On the plus side, did its job hauling crap back from IKEA / stupid PC World Black Friday purchases and I really did enjoy driving again it so it may get away with it :joy:

I am realistic, it's an old car now and it has been less trouble than any other old car I've had and some much newer ones...

Don't really need it but can't find something to replace it with - surely that's an endorsement!

Last edited:
Did about 150 miles in 2.5 hours, nearly all motorway driving and achieved 9.9km/l - 28mpg. Was a lovely relaxed drive on a reasonably sunny day even though it entailed a fairly early start (well for me anyway).

Drove perfectly but quietly to Leeds this morning.....
Drove back perfectly this evening but in a growly manner after a visit to Tony Banks Exhausts
😎👍

Just done a 550 mile round trip from York to Cardiff and back over the weekend. Absolutely faultless drive 😁 always love getting on the open road and cruising along in her. She needs a bloody good wash though now 😓20191209_094055.jpg20191209_094104.jpg

That's a remarkable rear end rev.. Is it a one off? Looks great. Have you seen the van art done on dirty white Van's? On a shiny black Elgrand it could look subtly arthouse!

That's a remarkable rear end rev.. Is it a one off? Looks great. Have you seen the van art done on dirty white Van's? On a shiny black Elgrand it could look subtly arthouse!
Not a complete one off but near enough. There are one or two others in the UK with similar bodykit and spoilers, but as with all elgrands, they are never exactly the same!

@Headbend do you mean this kind of van art??? Wife took this on the way to Cardiff 🤣🤣 have to say it's very limited drawing skills.....IMG-20191207-WA0000.jpg

Just been on an 2 hour round trip to mcdonalds with the youngest to get all our tea not normally something I'd do after work but any excuse to take Ellie out for tea :heart_eyes:
Always looking for excuses to go out for a drive eh?

Yup anytime day or night well up to 9pm then there's no chance in budging me lol
Must admit I was happy it was raining today, as it meant driving the 2 mins on the school run instead of walking as usual. Got there early so we could park up and watch Peppa Pig while we waited for the school doors to open!

Must admit I was happy it was raining today, as it meant driving the 2 mins on the school run instead of walking as usual. Got there early so we could park up and watch Peppa Pig while we waited for the school doors to open!
:grinning:lol me and the boys sit and watch a DVD if we are early only problem is they don't want to get out

Back