• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Paid £9500
Reptuable dealer
Grade 4.b
60273 miles on the clock

I have done
10000 miles in 19 months
£600 in total spent on.........
Front and rear pads
2 services (1 the plugs were changed.)
Undersealed.

£350 rear cat replacement pipes.
Run mainly on Tesco 99ron
Always drive like I have stole it. (apart when following @Mark (Madfish) ) ;)
Cheap tax
Cheap insurance
Mods not included.
Never failed emissions or test

I had a 2008 Range Rover 3.5 Petrol Vouge SE before the Elgrand.
Bought it for £21000
Had it 18 month
Cost me
£650 a year road tax
£700 for 2 services
Over £6000 in parts
And sold it for £10500

The Elgrand is not as comfy as the Range Rover was but I know it will get me where I want to go with a good degree of comfort.
I can get loads in the boot.
Carry 8 people and luggage.
Can sleep in it.
Goes like shit off a stick and never complains.
Turns heads better than 10 naked supermodels.
And I will not loose a fortune owning it.
Over the moon I found this place and seen sense.
Big thanks to the forum.

Remember that all cars have problems.
Sounds perfect in comparison then! It sounds like a lovely car to drive. We will have ours soon, also from a reputable dealer. Gonna be amazing. Like you said though, all cars have issues. It's in the territory of having and needing a vehicle.

Despite sitting for nearly a week and being flippin cold outside she started first time and went perfectly today.

Well I just had to tempt fate didn't I.....
Got up this morning to go to work and thought ooh that tyre looks a bit soft. Called into petrol station to pump it up and found a big ass nail poking out 😭
Seems to be holding air ok though so it can wait for the weekend to get sorted.
Doh...you and me both lol! Got home the other day and thought something smelt hot. Seized brake calliper! Thanks @BMR, you're a star!

Owned just over a year. Done around 13,000 miles. Currently around 144,000km on the clock.

No breakdowns, uses no oil or water, motor runs spot on.

Imported bargain basement for under 3k otr price.

£1700 for lpg+plugs, 3 wheel bearings, new tyres, poly bushes, new shock/top mounts, 4 drop links, brakepads all round, fog light, new battery, underseal all came to probably around another £1800 with labour (at a guess)

Works our around £6.5k roughly? And shouldn't expect to spend anymore for a while.

Past few thousand miles not a single issue what so ever.

Only clean cars when selling or picking my mum up from airport.... Cleaned this 4 times in 6 months myself! Plus the 6 times from my local Polish contingent... 😀

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do 👍🏻
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
I've driven 25 miles today and with a sad face watching the petrol gauge go down lol ...

425 KM yesterday over to Southend on Sea to visit the aged parent & back in time for last orders - didnt miss a beat & filled up on cheapish LPG too !

Hello ! to White Elgrand being used as a work van just around the corner from my Mums in Thorpe Bay !
Hello ! to 52 Reg Elgrand I passed on the M25 about 5pm around the M40 junction - your headlights are cool !
Hello ! to funny man in cheap Merc who thought he would be able to cut me up on the junction of the A34 & the A420 at 6am - next time you try that make sure its not something with a V6 & four wheel drive...

Started my old white deisel e50 up this morning coldest of the year here so far and it came to life immediately, drove to garage to work on my black e50, looked underneath and felt so proud of the work I accomplished yesterday 👍

Went for a drive after re-installing the Hot InaZma voltage stabiliser that came with the van when it arrived from Japan. It's either a real or imagined effect but it does feel faster! It looks trick at least. I'm still amazed this thing is as fun to drive as it is for a 16 year old banger.

Had mine for a couple of months or so and I still find myself looking for any excuse to take it for a drive. Every other car I have ever owned has been a 'it's alright but...' kind of drive, the Elgrand is 'it's alright YEEEEEEE HAAAH' kind of drive.

Wife still hates it but you can't have everything in life.

Had mine for a couple of months or so and I still find myself looking for any excuse to take it for a drive. Every other car I have ever owned has been a 'it's alright but...' kind of drive, the Elgrand is 'it's alright YEEEEEEE HAAAH' kind of drive.

Wife still hates it but you can't have everything in life.
She'll learn to love it as much as you do in time mate!!
Glad you're enjoy the feel good factor 😁

Screenshot_20191022_074239_com.rem.rewire.jpg
I'm up for this one, mine has covered a fair few miles this summer, always started first time, never had a problem, everyone that has driven it loves it and all I've done is a basic oil, oil filter and air filter service. Drove from Mansfield to the centre of London and back last Sunday to fetch a bed. There and back in one go took 7 hours, stopped for one wee on the way back and stepped out the car at home fresh as a daisy. Do need to have a look at rear brakes over the winter as looking at the drums it's been a few years since they have been off. It's currently nudging 220k km on the clock and looked after I'm hoping to do that again :heart_eyes:

Had our wonderful E50 since July 2018. Never uses oil and water. Since our ownership, had to have a top mount and spring, and a v-belt replacement. Spark plugs changed. But they were things that I wanted to do. I know that the speed sensor has gone, but there are ways around that (thank you @MrChops) the bigger expense is the undersealing. It's been a great investment for us.😊

collected E51 HWS myself from Bristol port. Installed rear fog/switch (in reverse light), fitted front pads, and Mot'd - no issues. Documents all away to DVLA on 12th - waiting on reg no. !
Meanwhile replaced music system with Kenwood DAB/CD touch screen unit. Plug and play all good and working.
Washed it 4 times ! - waiting to get on the road.......

Just been on an 2 hour round trip to mcdonalds with the youngest to get all our tea not normally something I'd do after work but any excuse to take Ellie out for tea :heart_eyes:

Think it might be tempting providence, but Boris has been as reliable as any car I have owned and better than most. 3,000km around France no problems other than trying to keep son-in-law down to somewhere near the speed limits, when it was his turn to drive (to be honest I was probably worse than him). I think everyone knows that the problems people have reported on the Forum are not representative of the overall performance of these fantastic vehicles. 😃😃😃

Back