• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

I’m selling my upgraded xmaxx. Sad times but will still have the Losi and no doubt because of you lot a Tamiya haha

Got a Tamiya Wild Dagger and Double Blazer coming!! lol Got the lot for €50!!! lol Both have twin engines hoping I have all the parts to at least get one running!!

Got a Tamiya Wild Dagger and Double Blazer coming!! lol Got the lot for €50!!! lol Both have twin engines hoping I have all the parts to at least get one running!!
Where do you pick these up so cheap 😂 they all seem to reach premium prices when I have a car in my sights

Oooooops, bit of a project though photos to follow just glueing some bits in,

gpRn9sy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you pick these up so cheap 😂 they all seem to reach premium prices when I have a car in my sights

A dutch auction site mate, I have to be quick though because there are many RC vintage buyers that are then selling on immediately for a premium on the same site! lol A Tamiya Mountaineer from the 90's was bought for 175 euros and now being sold for double!!

Guys I think I must be going mad.... I am now using car cleaning products on my RC cars! lol
For some reason the previous owner add two strips of masking tape down the entire shell that has now become a nightmare to remove, so currently I am using my compound followed by polish!! lol To be fair the Tamiya plastic shells revive pretty well with some elbow grease! lol

A dutch auction site mate, I have to be quick though because there are many RC vintage buyers that are then selling on immediately for a premium on the same site! lol A Tamiya Mountaineer from the 90's was bought for 175 euros and now being sold for double!!
Sadly I'm stuck with ebay and the prices are stupid most of the time... Although I have let a few barginns slip through my fingers.

On a brighter note I've finished the shell on the monster beetle... Not the best job as the masking tape I used refused to create crisp lines but as a basher it will do nicely.

Also fitted LEDs to the monster beetle and Blackfoot and they look awesome.

Next job will be to get some micro servos and animate the drivers

If you start using the DA polisher and underselling the chassis then we will all know that you have "lost it" ;o)))))))

Haha funny you should say that... I did look at the DA Polisher but the pads are way to big! lol I was contemplating the Dremel with some buffing wheels! lol

Sadly I'm stuck with ebay and the prices are stupid most of the time... Although I have let a few barginns slip through my fingers.

On a brighter note I've finished the shell on the monster beetle... Not the best job as the masking tape I used refused to create crisp lines but as a basher it will do nicely.

Also fitted LEDs to the monster beetle and Blackfoot and they look awesome.

Next job will be to get some micro servos and animate the drivers
Any pics bud!? :)

I'll sort some tomorrow.... Think I'm going to take them for a run out at the beach

Anyone fancy a Clodbuster! lol
Some guy is selling two; one in great condition and also another for spare parts both with the original Chevy shells!!!
Current bid is 170 euros! lol

Back