• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

LETS HAVE A BIG RETURN TO SHOWS AFTER COVID-19 WITH THE JAP SHOW FINAL **BOOKING CLOSED**

Stinks a bit when Brian and Cliff have put in so much effort and members who have put themselves out to attend in these precarious times. Plus all the hassle with refunds. I don't feel I would attend a meeting at Santa Pod in the the future they also seem to have cherry picked the events they like best.

I think Yakushi if on should be for a week

looks like they are only offering a credit to your account valid for 24 months and not a refund .

If it is legal then anyone who is running a place like that who is in financial difficulty due to covid could say we are having a big show, get all the money in and then pull the plug knowing that they will have all the money and only have to honour the ticket. What's to say they can put the or any event you might be interested in on in the next 2 years? no one knows how long covid will be around.

If it is legal then anyone who is running a place like that who is in financial difficulty due to covid could say we are having a big show, get all the money in and then pull the plug knowing that they will have all the money and only have to honour the ticket. What's to say they can put the or any event you might be interested in on in the next 2 years? no one knows how long covid will be around.
Seems odd that they recently said it was on so as a club we booked 31 vehicles and passengers and a week after bookings finished it's off. Other clubs will have done the same. They could have made decision earlier and not taken bookings at all. There will be a lot of owners pissed off, would be interesting to see how many JDM clubs were let down.

I know it's difficult in these circumstances but it dose not instil you with confidence for future events.

I have just had it confirmed that the Jap show Finals are cancelled this year, I have expressed my displeasure with them and think they are stupid to cancel the finals and push ahead with the Jap show light in August. As i am sure nobody here have had time to clean and prep for the light show and i have heard that no club stands are allowed at the light i wish them luck as i think it will be the most dismal event Santa Pod has ever held.
On the subject of your ticket money i was trying to contact Donna at Santa Pod about paying for the Jap Show Finals but as she is working from home due to the virus she did me the favour of not letting me pay your money so its safe and will be returned. I told them they have just lost £1200 takings this year.
Next year someone else have a go at organising it as i have had enough of this now.
Look out for your money being returned over the next few days

Sorry Guys.

I booked direct on Saturday afternoon....wish me luck getting it back....

Thanks Brian you tried your best I for one will know where I am buying my parts from in future. Not that I have bought any before elsewhere.

Last edited:
Bit strange Santa Pod say it's suspended not cancelled.

Suspended means they can hold onto the money in case you want to migrate you're booking over to another event, cancelled means they would have to give the money back.

Such a shame this is not going ahead, not sure why they would postpone/cancel an October event, but go ahead with an August event, possible H&S kicking in somewhere along the lines.

I feel for you Brian I really do! You put so much effort into organising the Jap show events, for it all to pulled from under you 😢
A blessing indeed that you hadn't transferred all the money across, I for one, am very grateful of this, as I can ill afford to lose it at the moment.
And sorry to say but this dick move from Santa pod has tarnished their reputation in my eyes, and i will think twice about attending any more events there 😡

I feel for you Brian I really do! You put so much effort into organising the Jap show events, for it all to pulled from under you 😢
A blessing indeed that you hadn't transferred all the money across, I for one, am very grateful of this, as I can ill afford to lose it at the moment.
And sorry to say but this dick move from Santa pod has tarnished their reputation in my eyes, and i will think twice about attending any more events there 😡
Yes I agree with you rob,it's people like Brian who make this club the fantastic place that it is,really disappointed with the way they have gone about it, truly doesn't make any sense to cancel such a major event

I booked direct on Saturday afternoon....wish me luck getting it back....
Good luck mate. But i reckon they'll be a clause in there terms and conditions somewhere so they can wriggle out of a refund 😢

Ok guys for us "NORTHERERS" York raceway is being finished at the moment, its at a place called Melbourne, this is a race venue and as a lot of you know i am in the process of building another lightweight Elgrand for shows and Drag Racing i am going to contact them about holding a Jap meet and show next year, its only an 1/8th mile strip at the moment but there is a lot of work going on their at the moment and as funds permit it will be extended to a full 1/4 strip. Any northerners interested if i can talk them into a Jap show next year?

Back