• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

LETS HAVE A BIG RETURN TO SHOWS AFTER COVID-19 WITH THE JAP SHOW FINAL **BOOKING CLOSED**

Not sure if anything I could contribute would be worth bringing for the weekend. I’ve got a 4.5m x 4.5M Coleman event shelter. Large gas BBQ. Large electric tepenyaki grill (no generator tho and don’t know if power is available on stand?) large 1750watt Sony party speaker. PS3 with Singstar karaoke with about 400 songs on it :)

Not sure if anything I could contribute would be worth bringing for the weekend. I’ve got a 4.5m x 4.5M Coleman event shelter. Large gas BBQ. Large electric tepenyaki grill (no generator tho and don’t know if power is available on stand?) large 1750watt Sony party speaker. PS3 with Singstar karaoke with about 400 songs on it :)
Noooooo not karaoke🙉🙉🙉🙉

I've got a big plancha griddle and double stove so we're sorted for cooking stuff, I will be bringing my generator to run light hot water urn etc, we usually have a large club marquee set up thanks for the offer, and anyone can bring whatever they like as long as it doesn't break the rules, I'm sure the organisers will get back to u if they need anything, see u there 👍

Is there still a no glass rule ?

It looks like booking is closed, are there any places/cancellations up for grabs please?

Looks like you can still but direct from the venue.

Just the show

Errrrr Brian @BMR Have you had any update from Santapod?? Looks like they are cancelling this event 😭😭😭😭

A Statement from Santa Pod Raceway CEO - Keith Bartlett (28/07/20)
Keith Bartlett

Following on from my last announcement regarding Santa Pod’s calendar of events for the month of August, we are now be able to announce further events for the month of September and some selected events in October.
As we made clear in our previous announcements, all events will of be held in keeping with all the current guidelines and restrictions around the COVID-19 virus. There have been changes and updates including the lifting of some restrictions since our last statement. From the middle of July, we have been able to invite spectator attendance along with camping.
Turning to the month of September the following events will be taking place.
The European Finals is to be cancelled in its current format (as there will now be no official FIA or FIM European Drag Racing Championship for 2020). We have therefore decided to replace this with our own event titled “NOT the European Finals!!” This will be held on the same date (11th/12th/13th September). The event will still feature Nitro-burning Top Fuel Dragsters, Nitro Funny Cars, Nostalgia Funny Cars, Pro Modified cars from the UK and Europe plus the Jet cars and fields of all the other classes normally seen at the European Finals. The numbers of cars may be reduced from a normal European Finals but still for those of you who enjoy your fix of Nitro, Jet Cars and the awesome Pro Modified there will be plenty of cars on show.
“NOT the European Finals” will form the middle event of the 3-race Drag Racing series for 2020 starting with the “STP Greenlight Nationals” (existing date of August 22nd/23rd) and the “STP National Finals” (existing date of Sept 26th/27th). We are delighted that we are now able to offer this series for both the racers and fans with a burst of Nitro action in 2020; and whilst it may “NOT” be the usual European Finals as such, it certainly WILL be a much missed dose of the top flight Nitro Drag Racing action that we all love, miss and deserve!!
We can also confirm that the “Hot Rod Drags” event will still take place on Sept 18th/20th offering yet more exciting nostalgia drag racing action for those who had to forego our flagship “Dragstalgia” event this month.
So, with Santa Pod’s recently announced “VW Breakout” weekend (Sept 4th-6th) replacing our partners’ traditional “VW Action” weekend, September is looking really good and we hope you can continue to support us through the Autumn period. Your generous actions with regard to ticket credits and not refund requests has enabled us to get this far and see some light at the end of the tunnel.
As a point of note, we will be cancelling the Jap Show Finale on the 4th October as this is replaced with our Jap Show Lite on Sun August 16th. However, we are currently intending to go ahead with the ‘Flame & Thunder’ event at the end of October and Firework Frenzy the week after.
So, in closing, I am feeling a little more confident that Santa Pod may at last be getting back on track and can now offer events not only for our racers to compete at, but for our loyal fans and spectators to finally enjoy once again – safely.
See you at the Track
Keith Bartlett
CEO – Santa Pod Raceway

Back