• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAP SHOW 8th & 9th JUNE 2019

Wahey it's stopped raining I'm rushing out there to wash it

I went to car wash yesterday as short on time, never doing that again, has left some sort of nasty chemical streaks running down every panel. Just resorted to clay bar as nothing else is touching it :mad::mad::mad:
grrrrr

I know, jobs much much bigger now and it’s not coming off at all well, I’d go back but they’ll probably wash it again and make it worse.

I went to car wash yesterday as short on time, never doing that again, has left some sort of nasty chemical streaks running down every panel. Just resorted to clay bar as nothing else is touching it :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that :-(

2 local car wash companies did a similar thing to mine when I first had it... I vowed never to take it to another car wash again, as I'd rather have it dirty and wash it myself than let the streaky finish car washers get their hands on it

I know, jobs much much bigger now and it’s not coming off at all well, I’d go back but they’ll probably wash it again and make it worse.

It'll need polishing to get the marks off most likely.

The only advice I can give is NEVER EVER use a hand car wash or a machine car wash if you like your car. As @Claptrap said, it's better to leave it dirty than have industrial strength, rust promoting chemicals sprayed all over your car that are very difficult to remove.

For anyone wanting to wash their car and waiting for it to be dry... don't bother.
Just get out there in the rain with soapy water, rinse with a hose and then let the rain rinse the tap water off. Not it won't be perfect, but it'll be clean, and then when you get to Pod all you need to do is wipe over with quick detailer :)

For anyone wanting to wash their car and waiting for it to be dry... don't bother.
Just get out there in the rain with soapy water, rinse with a hose and then let the rain rinse the tap water off. Not it won't be perfect, but it'll be clean, and then when you get to Pod all you need to do is wipe over with quick detailer :)
That's what I'm doing

Funny just finished polishing mine

Hi Guys and girls , unfortunely im still feeling drunk and tinittus still going on!! even though on new medication is working better - its slow progress and symptoms could last up to 2 months to clear so the doctors have told me!!!:weary_face::weary_face:
Im so cheesed off with this now and will be glad to see the back of it!!
But this is to say how deeply sorry i cant make the show and meet you all , but to wish you all to have a wonderfull time and i look forward to reading about it!!!
Have fun all👍👍

Get well soon, there's always Jap Show Finale. 👍👍

It's nice an dry in sunny Yorkshire!! 😁 but I'm pushing
Hi Guys and girls , unfortunely im still feeling drunk and tinittus still going on!! even though on new medication is working better - its slow progress and symptoms could last up to 2 months to clear so the doctors have told me!!!:weary_face::weary_face:
Im so cheesed off with this now and will be glad to see the back of it!!
But this is to say how deeply sorry i cant make the show and meet you all , but to wish you all to have a wonderfull time and i look forward to reading about it!!!
Have fun all👍👍
Oh mate gutted for you 🙁 Glad you're starting to see progress with the meds. Wishing you well in you're recovery! And hope to see you at another show down the line 👍

It's nice an dry in sunny Yorkshire!! 😁 but I'm pushing

Oh mate gutted for you 🙁 Glad you're starting to see progress with the meds. Wishing you well in you're recovery! And hope to see you at another show down the line 👍
Most definitely mate and many thanks for the kind words 👍 😊

Managed to get it washed in between rain, needs a clay bar and polish and wheels cleaning but sadly I've run out of time

I got two spare tickets and I wont be able to come , anyone wants them please pm me , Martin will come down , he can give them to you , it is free for our club member .

thanks

Anyone travelling on m5 nr Taunton going east, there is a big accident stopping traffic. I'm in the tailback. Big attendance by emergency vehicles. So do avoid if ur on the m5 heading east. But eventually I will get to santa Pod! Hope everyone is OK in the accident.

Anyone travelling on m5 nr Taunton going east, there is a big accident stopping traffic. I'm in the tailback. Big attendance by emergency vehicles. So do avoid if ur on the m5 heading east. But eventually I will get to santa Pod! Hope everyone is OK in the accident.
You driving up today mate? Don't think it'll effect anyone else as everyone else is setting off in morning

I got two spare tickets and I wont be able to come , anyone wants them please pm me , Martin will come down , he can give them to you , it is free for our club member .

thanks
Give Karl a shout. There was someone looking for tickets the other day

Back