• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

My E51 is being loaded on the Orion Highway 31st August sailing to Bristol...

Which company for VIN insurance is recommended?

May thanks

Just bought an Elgrand camper and am a member of the Camping and Caravan Club who recommends ClubCar Insurance. So I phoned them thinking I am on a good path. They quoted £850+. I called a friend who owns an Elgrand and they recommended the brokers at Advance Insurance so I called this lovely person danielle.griffin@advanceinsurance.co.uk and bought from her at £300 and pennies. And my friend got a £20 credit as a reward. Good luck.

Last edited:
Just bought an Elgrand and am a member of the Camping and Caravan Club who recommends ClubCar Insurance. So I phoned them thinking I am on a good path. They quoted £850+. I called a friend who owns an Elgrand and they recommended the brokers at Advance Insurance so I called this lovely person danielle.griffin@advanceinsurance.co.uk and bought from her at £300 and pennies. And my friend got a £20 credit as a reward. Good luck.
Is your van converted to a camper?

Yes. Converted to a camper in 2018 by Calder Campers.
Cool. I'll be looking to insure as a camper soon so I'll try Advance 👍 Do you want to refer me for the £20 reward?

Cool. I'll be looking to insure as a camper soon so I'll try Advance 👍 Do you want to refer me for the £20 reward?
That's kind of you. Yes. I am Richard Dietrich. That should be enough for them. They were so good to deal with that I think more campervan owners need to know about them. Good Luck!

That's kind of you. Yes. I am Richard Dietrich. That should be enough for them. They were so good to deal with that I think more campervan owners need to know about them. Good Luck!
Great, I'll mention your name when I contact them. Thanks for the recommendation.

Has anyone tried to get a camper conversion insured with the 'kids' as named drivers? By the time mine is ready I will have a 22 year old and a 19 year old - eldest with 4 years NCB and youngest with 1 year NCB. Just wondering if this is to be had at a decent price..... ?

I had a holding quote for my e51 3.5 and it was for 568 in total, from Adrian Flux. Green light won't quite me yet as I was outside of their quotable time frame.

Is your van converted to a camper?
Fantastic info Richard, I will use your name so you can get the £20. My wife an I are shopping insurance now and were leaning towards Direct Line.

Has anyone tried to get a camper conversion insured with the 'kids' as named drivers? By the time mine is ready I will have a 22 year old and a 19 year old - eldest with 4 years NCB and youngest with 1 year NCB. Just wondering if this is to be had at a decent price..... ?
Yes I put my 30 years old daughter on the same policy. NCB was not an issue but 5 years of driving experience was required.

Hi Richard, I forgot about this sorry. In the end I stayed with Churchill as they wanted an extra 24p after conversion to a camper 😂 but I will bear this in mind at renewal time next year thanks.

Reactions: Rae
NeedtoInsure are decent.

I've just paid 430 quid for an 2.5 4wd 05 plate E51 camper conversion via Sky insurance. Adrian Flux was 465 and Greenlight was 500 plus. Also tried Direct Line and Brightside but they wouldn't insure it.
Works out about a tenner a month more than my Seat Leon ST 1.6 td and includes business insurance so not too bad really.
I've got 19 years no claims and a clean license with no bumps or convictions in the last 5 years.

I've just paid 430 quid for an 2.5 4wd 05 plate E51 camper conversion via Sky insurance. Adrian Flux was 465 and Greenlight was 500 plus. Also tried Direct Line and Brightside but they wouldn't insure it.
Works out about a tenner a month more than my Seat Leon ST 1.6 td and includes business insurance so not too bad really.
I've got 19 years no claims and a clean license with no bumps or convictions in the last 5 years.
Hi, I ve been with LV for a few years, I m 65 + , We insure a Golf cab 1.4 TSI and 08 3.5 Elgrand with them.
last year £655 ( they offered 3 years at that price!) Doh !
this year £695. So ok I would say.
Theres always someone who gets cover for less than the next guy, hopefully they are genuine and good luck to them.
Dave .
PS It’s not a camper! I came in halfway down the thread !

The often massive difference in quotes even for the same vehicle and driver has never made much sense to me. The best you can ever hope for is an affordable quote for your circumstances.

After a trawl through the comparison sites quote me happy turned out to be the best for our new 2.5l 2007. £245 seemed pretty reasonable!

I think living in the North East insurance is cheaper, and being an old bugger in an occupation where I'm probably considered very low risk helps. This year is my cheapest yet for the Elgrand £194 from performance direct

Back