• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

I love the first line of this thread haha lets face it none of us can of bought a 15 odd year old jam import with a 3.5 v6 expecting good fuel economy! I've been driving a honda prelude the last ten years so I'm used to no better than 25 mpg anyway thank god hahaha I'm constantly watching the km per litre on my front screen playing the game of trying not to put my foot down at all and get the number as high as possible hahaha really need to get the foot brake rigged up so the front dvd screen plays whilst driving so I'm not so obsessed with the fuel economy it would probably be safer I would probably be looking at the screen less hahaha
 
Have just gone over the 100,000 K mark in the Cho , thats only 72,000 K in 14 months , on petrol , if I had wanted to save fuel I wouldnt have bought an Elgie , why buy a thirsty big vehicle and then spend to make it economical ? , plenty of 1.9 T4s about to do the same job cheaper , however I wouldnt have met such a nice bunch of people on this forum , always ready to accept the diversity of the group and not judge or preach or use it as a marketing media .
if doin an lpg conversion will end up making running costs a lot cheaper but the wagon still goes like the beast that it is with no loss of power then why wouldn't you do it? we didn't buy these things BECAUSE they are big and thirsty, we just have to accept that as a con!!
 
Well, for example, you may not do it if it was going to take 10 years to recoup the cost of conversion, or if you lived in an area where LPG wasn't readily available, or if you regularly use the Channel Tunnel. I don't see what the con is. When considering purchasing a vehicle you take into consideration many factors, including the fuel consumption figures. If it doesn't tally with your needs then don't buy it. I think you need to wind your neck in a bit, this isn't Facebook.
 
Last edited:
Well, for example, you may not do it if it was going to take 10 years to recoup the cost of conversion, or if you lived in an area where LPG wasn't readily available, or if you regularly use the Channel Tunnel. I don't see what the con is. When considering purchasing a vehicle you take into consideration many factors, including the fuel consumption figures. If it doesn't tally with your needs then don't buy it. I think you need to pull your neck in a bit, this isn't Facebook.
Cost me more to service it than fuel lol 4 services since Feb
 
I wondered what the fuss was about but have since read other threads people have posted on and can see why some posts in culmination could wind people up a bit...
 
Well, for example, you may not do it if it was going to take 10 years to recoup the cost of conversion, or if you lived in an area where LPG wasn't readily available, or if you regularly use the Channel Tunnel. I don't see what the con is. When considering purchasing a vehicle you take into consideration many factors, including the fuel consumption figures. If it doesn't tally with your needs then don't buy it. I think you need to wind your neck in a bit, this isn't Facebook.
Ran LPG on a couple of V8 Range Rovers back in the day was surprised how low the mileage was to break even, just made a quick sheet to test, had to guesstimate a little but breakeven on 5 or 6 K miles a year is less than two years, Not exact but gives an idea.

screenshot.267.jpg


Should be on commission :joy: :joy: :joy:
 
Once I've got my ten posts I'll check out the conversion threads, but guessing you can't convert a diesel to LPG. I miss have LPG, was so cheap to travel in my old station wagons.
 
I have been fafafueladaling for nearly 6 years with an E51 with and without a cruise control, tried all sorts of way of conserving fuel on motorways and on all manner of european motorways, remember this is a 3.5 V6 that goes like stink when required and can cruise comfortably at 70 mph on cruise control. FFS if you are worried about fuel consumption buy a bike..........it's the wine that does it!!!
PS best offer on a full tank was ≈ 25 mpg and that was a challenge. I no longer worry about fuel costs (never did)
 
@Briselgrand A few years ago here in the UK there were a few companies offering a conversion that gave a diesel lpg mix to help reduce running costs for the white van brigade but I don't think it realy took off
 
hallam could you please stop winding people up you seem to have issues with a few as was demonstrated on your first posts this is a friendly forum and helpful but from what i have read you seem to have issues with the concept of friendliness if some one seems to wind you up just ignore them
 
Back
Top