• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Front seat swivel bases

Yes they are the same swivels the were a joint development & as George says they are M1 pull tested for the s1
the s2 & s3 floor Bolts are in a slightly different position so although they are exactly the same build we can’t say theh are pull tested

Yes they are the same swivels the were a joint development & as George says they are M1 pull tested for the s1
the s2 & s3 floor Bolts are in a slightly different position so although they are exactly the same build we can’t say theh are pull tested
Hi Gary,

From a quick look at the video on FB, it looks as though the driver seat electric adjustment functionality is unaffected by fitting a swivel base. Would you mind confirming this please? Presumably the heated seat still works too?

I don't live locally. Is fitting difficult to do? Would you consider a postal service?

Cheers

Info below collected from other posts:

• You can contact Gary via Facebook under Elevating Roofs. His mobile is 07976 443565. The cost is £350 (per seat).
1611859355499.png

Great thread, thanks guys!

Couldn't you buy a cheap set of middle seats that people rip out when upgrading and reuse the swivel fitting from one of those or perhaps the whole seat.
My Rider middle seats rota to back up to front seats , so in theory the seat base or whole seat could be used in front I assume without much trouble .

Couldn't you buy a cheap set of middle seats that people rip out when upgrading and reuse the swivel fitting from one of those or perhaps the whole seat.
My Rider middle seats rota to back up to front seats , so in theory the seat base or whole seat could be used in front I assume without much trouble .
There is a how to on here and there not as easy as you would think , middle seats are a different fixing etc. But best to look at the how to first or contact Gary Hall post 62 on this thread.

Yes you can fit the middle row seats up front... all I have in mine are middle row seats... I can fit 4 or 6, they all rotate, recline, have 2 arm rests and ottoman bases. Currently set up with 4 seats and the rears can slide from front to back.

I fitted a middle seat to the front passenger seat location but it's not a straight forward task as you can see in my post here. Basically, this is because the mid seat rails are off-set from the seat base whilst the front seats are not.

Hi
These guys tell me swivel base will be available £ 180
https://sugoicampers.co.uk/buy/2002...-swivel-base-passengers-seat-swivel-base/4779
sales@sugoicampers.co.uk

" Our swivel base will be in stock in approximately 4 – 5 weeks and will be available for both the passengers and drivers seats of the Nissan Elgrand 2004 – 2009.
We have been adapting the base to make fitting as easy as possible, so this will be an east fit for a garage mechanic.
Instructions and all parts to enable you to fit will be supplied with each base.
We will let you know when stock is on its way from the manufactures, giving you plenty of time to place your order."

Alternatively " ElevatingRoofs" will supply and fit for £370

It will be nice to see the Sugio Campers swivel base fitted. If I were considering buying one, I'd consider:
1. The ruggedness of the construction and robustness of all fittings, especially those connecting to the floor pan
2. How does it look? I've seen some swivel seat adapters that are ugly lumps of metal and really don't look nice when in place
3. How much does the adapater raise the passenger seat height, especially in comparison to the 'un-raised' driver seat?
4. How smooth is the swivel operation and when swivelled, can the seat still move backwards/forwards?
5. Can the swivelled seat be oriented to face other than straight backwards - in other words, can the seat be swivelled slighly into the 'living' area of the camper?

Last edited:
Thanks for comments re Sugio Campers swivel base
I'll try to find out before I buy, otherwise will let you know how it turns out !

Having looked at this company's Web site it is unclear which model Elgrand these bases are for, they say 2002 to 2009 which is S1 and S2 . But on martin57's post number 71 they say 2004/9 which is S2 . Having looked into seat swivels and having changed the front seats on my S1 for S2 seats I know that the fixing points are 2 inches further apart on the on S2 compared to S1 seats . I also worry that from the photo it is unclear how the seat attaches to the base it looks very much like any base you could buy for a vw for instance and not sure if it can be swiveled and fixed in any position or just 2 positions as AlanM says in his post. Also as I say having looked into this subject I can only find a couple of bases which cost in excess of £300 so for this firm to be doing them for £180 seems very cheap. I hope I'm wrong and that these turn out to be the answer to all our dreams but I'm being very careful about them. 🤞👍😎

I have tried ringing this company several times today but not getting any answer. So going to send an email or something to find out exactly what the swivels will fit 🤞😎👍

I've just got intouch with this firm and the swivels are at the moment for S2 And S3. He is going to look into making them for S1 as well , but as there is a difference in seat fixings this may take a but if time.

Mine just arrived this morning, there is going to be a video of how to put it together later today on YouTube. So will see how hard or not it is after viewing the video 🤞

Mine just arrived this morning, there is going to be a video of how to put it together later today on YouTube. So will see how hard or not it is after viewing the video 🤞
So u have bought these swivels bases ?? Following with interest, not I’m after swivel seats (actually gave some away ) but in a engineering/price way

Having looked at this company's Web site it is unclear which model Elgrand these bases are for, they say 2002 to 2009 which is S1 and S2 . But on martin57's post number 71 they say 2004/9 which is S2 . Having looked into seat swivels and having changed the front seats on my S1 for S2 seats I know that the fixing points are 2 inches further apart on the on S2 compared to S1 seats . I also worry that from the photo it is unclear how the seat attaches to the base it looks very much like any base you could buy for a vw for instance and not sure if it can be swiveled and fixed in any position or just 2 positions as AlanM says in his post. Also as I say having looked into this subject I can only find a couple of bases which cost in excess of £300 so for this firm to be doing them for £180 seems very cheap. I hope I'm wrong and that these turn out to be the answer to all our dreams but I'm being very careful about them. 🤞👍😎
They produce seat swivels for S1 S2 and S3 , mine for an S1 cost £300 delivered . They look extremely well made and are of heavy gauge metal and are quite heavy , I've not weighed it but is not a light item .

Back