• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 E51 How to change the clock

If you have an E51 Elgrand with the built in Sat Nav option, the clock is set by the GPS system in Japan and the clock will show Japanese local time. This is not an easy thing to change, and can be quite involved, but thanks to @Elgrandonaut, a how to guide on setting the time is now available! (Photo for proof)

View attachment 24133

The guide for doing this can be found here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...local-time-Elgrand-e51-with-navigation.16807/

The other method to change the time is to replace the clock display itself, which you can find a how to guide on again here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/internal-clock-2002-e51-highway-star.622/

This does not affect the non-GPS models as far as I am aware as they have buttons that you can use to change the time. At the end of the day, if there are no buttons on the clock to change Hours/Minutes, then you will need to use the guide above to replace... or just learn to take 9 hours off for UK time.

Just want to say I did this yesterday, and it works like a champ.

I just rely on my aftermarket headunit. Was a big flaw when I first got the car. Now learnt to live with it haha

Just did the clock fix, thanks for the useful write-up. Found the disassembly of the unit to get to the battery a bit tricky but not too bad overall. I just clipped the leg to disconnect the battery, left the grey plug disconnected and it reset the clock to 9 as expected. Think I will disconnect and reconnect the 12v main battery at the appropriate time when BST ends. I am not up to installing a switch!

Just did the clock fix, thanks for the useful write-up. Found the disassembly of the unit to get to the battery a bit tricky but not too bad overall. I just clipped the leg to disconnect the battery, left the grey plug disconnected and it reset the clock to 9 as expected. Think I will disconnect and reconnect the 12v main battery at the appropriate time when BST ends. I am not up to installing a switch!
Well done Peter, not sure how that method will turn out, so I would perhaps practice it before the critical 9:00 to save swearing and having to wait another 12 hours until you can do it properly again. Also I think your stereo will reset the station memory and the trip/ fuel meter will reset too.
It might be less messy and bothersome to just unplug the Nav unit, wait at least 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
Cheers,
Jason

If you have an E51 Elgrand with the built in Sat Nav option, the clock is set by the GPS system in Japan and the clock will show Japanese local time. This is not an easy thing to change, and can be quite involved, but thanks to @Elgrandonaut, a how to guide on setting the time is now available! (Photo for proof)

View attachment 24133

The guide for doing this can be found here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...local-time-Elgrand-e51-with-navigation.16807/

The other method to change the time is to replace the clock display itself, which you can find a how to guide on again here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/internal-clock-2002-e51-highway-star.622/

This does not affect the non-GPS models as far as I am aware as they have buttons that you can use to change the time. At the end of the day, if there are no buttons on the clock to change Hours/Minutes, then you will need to use the guide above to replace... or just learn to take 9 hours off for UK time.
Great

My clock is four hours behind UK time , but the minutes are correct ... I just add the four on.. simples.
Yeo thats what I do...n then down to 3hrs when BST changes

I know this is an old thread but what happens if you simply disconnect the nav unit and leave it so?

Back