• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 E51 How to change the clock

You only actually have to disconnect the GPS antenna - on a series 2 this will allow you to "set" the clock to 9:00. Follow @Elgrandonaut how to:
https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/how-to-set-the-clocks-to-local-time-Elgrand-e51-series-2-with-navigation.16807/

Unfortunately on a series 1, it doesn't work and the clock will stop.

Disconnecting the Nav unit also disables the rear screen.

Ah sweet so I can just disconnect the antenna plug from the back and leave it disconnect?
You will also need to fit a switch to disconnect the backup battery in the nav unit. Read the how to for the full details.

You will also need to fit a switch to disconnect the backup battery in the nav unit. Read the how to for the full details.
Ah, if that step still need doing id probably just snip the battery šŸ˜…

I did that and it worked but I have to disconnect the battery when the clocks change.

If you switch the 12V power to the nav unit as well as the battery it won't affect anything else.

If you don't want to disconnect the main battery, you can gain access to the back of the Nav unit and just unplug the smaller power supply plug. You will just need to undo seven screws and three 10mm headed bolts. about 15 minutes to complete and certainly less time than disconnect/reconnect of the vehicle battery, plus reprogramming the radio presets.

If you don't want to disconnect the main battery, you can gain access to the back of the Nav unit and just unplug the smaller power supply plug. You will just need to undo seven screws and three 10mm headed bolts. about 15 minutes to complete and certainly less time than disconnect/reconnect of the vehicle battery, plus reprogramming the radio presets.
That's true!
I've missed my window this morning but I think I'll give it a go tomorrow šŸ˜Ž

Sorry if this has been mentioned further up, but have an 02 plate series 1 with no GPS and the clock up in the front overhead reading lights. So if I just take out the fuse for the overhead unit, and replace it at the exact time that the clock stopped at, that is all I need to do?

Sorry if this has been mentioned further up, but have an 02 plate series 1 with no GPS and the clock up in the front overhead reading lights. So if I just take out the fuse for the overhead unit, and replace it at the exact time that the clock stopped at, that is all I need to do?
If you don't have Nav you should have an orange LCD above the climate controls that shows temperature and has buttons for setting the clock.

If you have the 8" dash display you probably do have Nav (or at least did and someone has removed it).

On a S1 the clock stops permanently (rather than keeping time) if you disconnect the GPS from the Nav unit.

I am not at home at present but will take a look on Sunday thanks. My S1 is a very early one, that doesn't, and didn't have a display for GPS etc. alongside the speedo.

Yep, just add a couple of hours as needed (in Aus), i do it without thinking. Even when i get into the other car with the correct time...

The clock on a S3 is not easy to fix but there is an option within the menus to make a slight offset adjustment, presumably to allow for different locations and get it spot-on.
Im guessing that this offset has a maximum and minimum limit set within the software. If that Is the case, I am wondering if it is possible that someone clever, like the person that did a CD to overwrite Jap into English, could do a small software update to allow the offset to + 4 hours, then we could have an accurate UK clock.

Apparently the English language firmware you can buy from New Zealand offers offsets of up to 11 hours.

Ooh, may have to investigate but it is a bit pricey to just fix the clock.

I don't understand my clock. When I bought my Elgrand 3 years ago the clock was 13 minutes slow. Now it's 8 ?? I thought the time was sent through by satellite. I imagine I will have the correct time in about 5 years.

eBay and Amazon and the usual places, you could also just get a band expander if you simply wanted more radio stations and leave the standard head unit in.
Interesting, where can you get hold of a band expander?

Back