• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 E51 How to change the clock

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
If you have an E51 Elgrand with the built in Sat Nav option, the clock is set by the GPS system in Japan and the clock will show Japanese local time. This is not an easy thing to change, and can be quite involved, but thanks to @Elgrandonaut, a how to guide on setting the time is now available! (Photo for proof)

The guide for doing this can be found here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...local-time-Elgrand-e51-with-navigation.16807/

The other method to change the time is to replace the clock display itself, which you can find a how to guide on again here --> https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/internal-clock-2002-e51-highway-star.622/

This does not affect the non-GPS models as far as I am aware as they have buttons that you can use to change the time. At the end of the day, if there are no buttons on the clock to change Hours/Minutes, then you will need to use the guide above to replace... or just learn to take 9 hours off for UK time.

Last edited:
Don't forget that daylight savings time will surely have an affect on that method. ;)

Now clocks have gone " back " I just need to add 3 hours , .... I have just replaced OEM stereo for a DAB double din unit with apple car play so have correct uk time at a glance. :)

OK, adding two hours for Sydney, thanks.

Now clocks have gone " back " I just need to add 3 hours , .... I have just replaced OEM stereo for a DAB double din unit with apple car play so have correct uk time at a glance. :)
Hiya Shaun, do you have any links to suppliers of UK din units, Radio 2 is doing my head in!
Cheers

Hiya Shaun, do you have any links to suppliers of UK din units, Radio 2 is doing my head in!
Cheers

eBay and Amazon and the usual places, you could also just get a band expander if you simply wanted more radio stations and leave the standard head unit in.

eBay and Amazon and the usual places, you could also just get a band expander if you simply wanted more radio stations and leave the standard head unit in.
Ok thanks, guess I’ll do more research to get up to speed with exactly what I need & what replacement units are tried & tested.
Cheers

Is it better to get an Elgrand without the Sat Nav so you can change the clock or is there other functionality you would lose too?

Can you change out the top clock, the digital one in the roof lights just above the mirror... ?

Can you change out the top clock, the digital one in the roof lights just above the mirror... ?

You can not mate no, all controlled by some odd Japanese GPS. This is a thread in how to section on how to physically swap the clock out though.

You can not mate no, all controlled by some odd Japanese GPS. This is a thread in how to section on how to physically swap the clock out though.
as you see I am a new member and new to owning a Elgrand (3 days) those smart guys in Japan have made a great vehicle and its took my near on a year to decide (make the jump) to get one, and god is gorgeous, but they are to dam clever by half with the GPS clock, I am Low form OCD and its already driving me around the bloody bent not seeing the right time!!!

as you see I am a new member and new to owning a Elgrand (3 days) those smart guys in Japan have made a great vehicle and its took my near on a year to decide (make the jump) to get one, and god is gorgeous, but they are to dam clever by half with the GPS clock, I am Low form OCD and its already driving me around the bloody bent not seeing the right time!!!

Black tape over it for now? Like I said a few people have stripped it out and stuck a battery powered replacement that you can change the time on and it looks pretty good

Black tape over it for now? Like I said a few people have stripped it out and stuck a battery powered replacement that you can change the time on and it looks pretty good
that might be my first job, but i am pretty crap at stuff like that, once I get access to those pages I will take a look... Incidentally is there a members list by area on the forum, so if I needed help I could actually go to someone near me willing to help or just chat with in future?

Back