• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Daylight Running Lights - interested to see what you’ve installed

Is that the fuse box under the bonnet?

Yes.
This one.

Attachments

• 1645302089792.png
    1645302089792.png
    4 MB · Views: 21
Is the fuel pump only on when the engine is running or does it prime when you unlock the doors?

Is the fuel pump only on when the engine is running or does it prime when you unlock the doors?
I don't know.
I put mine on this one in case they popped the fuse.
It says wash on it.
Thought at least I wont lose the fuel pump.
16.png

These are mine:

dsc_0160-1-jpg.44221

Quite a challenge separating the lights to put them in! They are a lot brighter than they look in the picture. They have the flowing indicators too:

I repurposed the old indicators as sidelights instead.
Love the look of your front end! I'd love to have a cracking at mimicking your light set up, but I really like the black grills as well. Did you spray them or are they aftermarket?

Love the look of your front end! I'd love to have a cracking at mimicking your light set up, but I really like the black grills as well. Did you spray them or are they aftermarket?

Just rather crudely hand painted OE to see what it looked like - looks OK from a distance, but spraying them properly is on the to-do list!

The bumper is also OE with a little black paint to join up the factory black bits to make it look a little more coherent and aesthetically pleasing.

Just rather crudely hand painted OE to see what it looked like - looks OK from a distance, but spraying them properly is on the to-do list!

The bumper is also OE with a little black paint to join up the factory black bits to make it look a little more coherent and aesthetically pleasing.
I'll remember not to look too closely if I ever see it in person then. Looks good from here.

Any tips having done the integrated indicators?

"Tips" not sure! Benefit of experience - perhaps! It was very time consuming and messy getting the lights apart with the use of a hot air gun. Also be aware that there is no fuse on the front indicators - somewhat surprising given the multitude of fuses that there is for everything else. Despite being conscientious and taking great care I still managed to accidentally short them leading to a blown up PCB with no front indicators and several other things not working, and having to source a costly replacement...

Also, I thought that the LED strips would be reliable and long lasting unlike the filament bulbs, but already some have failed and I really CBA to take it all apart again to fix them.

I think if I had been aware of the hassle (I was aware it was going to be challenging, but not that challenging) and unexpected consequences I would probably have decided to have an easy life and keep it standard!

"Tips" not sure! Benefit of experience - perhaps! It was very time consuming and messy getting the lights apart with the use of a hot air gun. Also be aware that there is no fuse on the front indicators - somewhat surprising given the multitude of fuses that there is for everything else. Despite being conscientious and taking great care I still managed to accidentally short them leading to a blown up PCB with no front indicators and several other things not working, and having to source a costly replacement...

Also, I thought that the LED strips would be reliable and long lasting unlike the filament bulbs, but already some have failed and I really CBA to take it all apart again to fix them.

I think if I had been aware of the hassle (I was aware it was going to be challenging, but not that challenging) and unexpected consequences I would probably have decided to have an easy life and keep it standard!
Hmm, maybe a bit above my pay grade then.

@Winchester my drl strips have come today and going to look at wiring them in tomorrow afternoon, for the indicators is it just the wire going into the indicator bulb that i connect to? Is it pretty obvious. Not actually looked to see as ive only just got in lol

@Winchester my drl strips have come today and going to look at wiring them in tomorrow afternoon, for the indicators is it just the wire going into the indicator bulb that i connect to? Is it pretty obvious. Not actually looked to see as ive only just got in lol
Usually it’s a yellow wire from the drl that goes to the positive car indicator wire

im fitting drl and indicators behind the smoked headlight covers. Wanting to have the drl,s come on with the side lights.
I cant for the life of me find a wiring diagram for front indicators and side lights.
Im only having 1 attempt at this, as the battery, front grille and air filter box need removing, even to get a multimeter in there,
pressume i only need to find both indicator and side light positives as theres plenty of points to earth from, HELP!

im fitting drl and indicators behind the smoked headlight covers. Wanting to have the drl,s come on with the side lights.
I cant for the life of me find a wiring diagram for front indicators and side lights.
Im only having 1 attempt at this, as the battery, front grille and air filter box need removing, even to get a multimeter in there,
pressume i only need to find both indicator and side light positives as theres plenty of points to earth from, HELP!

It's pretty poorly translated but Google translate helps with the diagrams. If you have a series 1 the side repeaters in the wing are an easy place to find the indicator feed and the side light feed can be taken from the fuse box.

Back