• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Daylight Running Lights - interested to see what you’ve installed

neebster

Premium Member
Scotland
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
I have a couple of ideas for installing some daylight running lights, however before I take the plunge I’d be interested to see what others have done on their vans.

Photos would be great.

I’d plan on also adding wiring which would dim or turn them off when dipped beams are turned on. Side lights are really dim so would prefer for the DRL’s to stay on if it’s just the side lights that are on.

I've been thinking about this too, whilst they don't form part of an MOT for cars before 2018 there is DOT guidelines that they should be turned off when headlights are on, if not automatically then by means of a manual switch to stop them being blinding at night, so your plan sounds ideal. This is why I thought those install kits looked good to make easy installation.

I've got some lights with halo rings in them which I haven't tried yet, so assuming they work and as I think then I might run the headlight rings as DRLs and the main beam rings unit as side lights.

@dognero has some nice ones but his is a rider with them in the lower front grill and @Reverend RobP put some individual dot type ones in his front bumper.

Hi. Yep as @Lize says I've just put some individual led's in as daytime lights in my bumper.
I've got them wired direct to a switch at the moment. But might look into a wiring kit, in the future so they're controlled by the main lights.20191007_150844.jpg20191007_152454.jpg20191007_145230.jpg20191007_151128.jpg

i seen easy option one.. you dont need cable connection coz it works with wind power :p

I have a couple of ideas for installing some daylight running lights, however before I take the plunge I’d be interested to see what others have done on their vans.

Photos would be great.

I’d plan on also adding wiring which would dim or turn them off when dipped beams are turned on. Side lights are really dim so would prefer for the DRL’s to stay on if it’s just the side lights that are on.
Here is my setup...

My daylight running lamps unfortunately my camera takes out the glare but they are really bright sidelights come on with the daylight running lamps I have rears as well as I went to Europe some countries you have to have front and rear daylight running lamps used blocking diodes on the circuit.
They are totally automatic they also dim when you turn the highlights on.

IMG_7508-crop.JPG
IMG_7510-crop.JPG

Now that looks a good set up/video of operation sure you would get customers for a set/fitting

Yes I have the same problem easy remedy put some silicon around the lenses cues it no more problems
Gonna have to get onto that and treat them before they get knackered. Rained solid for last few days here and seem ok at the moment.

This looks a very smart set up. Is there a 'How To' on here somewhere? Love it.
It’s dead easy really, flowing indicators/ drls are available on eBay and I connect them up to the fuel pump fuse using a piggyback connector, no need for crappy drl controllers... simples!

It’s dead easy really, flowing indicators/ drls are available on eBay and I connect them up to the fuel pump fuse using a piggyback connector, no need for crappy drl controllers... simples!
Brilliant, it 'sounds' easy... I mean I wouldn't even have a clue but will save this post and get Husband to have a sniff.
It looks very professional, I'd be over the moon if ours looked like yours.
Thank you.

Actually @Winchester if you have time and you don't mind could you post a link to your exact ones please, knowing my luck I'll end up with short fat ones that will look rubbish.

I’ve had several different sets on different Elgrands... I’ve had a few...
I chose the 600cm long ones, 4mm thick.
They are all made in China and unbranded.

I’ve had several different sets on different Elgrands... I’ve had a few...
I chose the 600cm long ones, 4mm thick.
They are all made in China and unbranded.
Great stuff, this is what I shall look for then. 👍 🙂
Thanks again Adrian.

Back