• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Daylight Running Lights - interested to see what you’ve installed

We all need some of these in our lives/on our vans. Look dead smart, I'll get round to it 1 day too

I’ve had several different sets on different Elgrands... I’ve had a few...
I chose the 600cm long ones, 4mm thick.
They are all made in China and unbranded.
Hi, I do t suppose you have a close up of the fitting please? I ordered some the same size and they look too long to fit neatly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I do t suppose you have a close up of the fitting please? I ordered some the same size and they look too long to fit neatly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Darren, I don’t have that Elgrand any more, however I know they are a little too long but you simply tuck the end into the gap above the headlight unit. I undid the bolts that hold the top of the wing in place so I could get more wiggle room.

Hi Darren, I don’t have that Elgrand any more, however I know they are a little too long but you simply tuck the end into the gap above the headlight unit. I undid the bolts that hold the top of the wing in place so I could get more wiggle room.

@peter strokosz has the same set, maybe he can take some photos for you?

Put some black tape around the bit that goes behind the grill if the are a little too long

Sorry to be a pain, just had a look I can’t seem to get my head around how to mount them.

have you got them showing where the edge of the light is tight to the wing, or are the behind the small lip on the headlight itself?

thanks as always.

Sorry to be a pain, just had a look I can’t seem to get my head around how to mount them.

have you got them showing where the edge of the light is tight to the wing, or are the behind the small lip on the headlight itself?

thanks as always.
Remember there is a bright side to these .. so after wiring check as you may have to flip them over ..hope these photos help 1FB79E3D-2F49-4077-BC77-B29A25F548A2.jpegCF4703C2-79CE-4694-8AF9-B4E108237858.jpeg35AFDA5C-CB76-4C90-98EF-F112E475AEBB.jpeg1FB79E3D-2F49-4077-BC77-B29A25F548A2.jpegCF4703C2-79CE-4694-8AF9-B4E108237858.jpeg35AFDA5C-CB76-4C90-98EF-F112E475AEBB.jpeg

Very nice looking mod, brings the cars right up to date. I’ve just ordered some myself and will give the install a go in the next week or two. Is there a need to do anything with the original indicator bulbs? @Winchester setup only had the led indicators, I assume removing the bulb would screw with the relay and make the rear indicator flash erratically?

Very nice looking mod, brings the cars right up to date. I’ve just ordered some myself and will give the install a go in the next week or two. Is there a need to do anything with the original indicator bulbs? @Winchester setup only had the led indicators, I assume removing the bulb would screw with the relay and make the rear indicator flash erratically?
[/ you take the bulb holder out with the bulb in tack and just cover it with tape ..

I left the bulb in it’s holder dangling in the engine bay.

Thanks for the advice. A youtube install vid recommended covering the bulb in foil. I’ll have a play and see what works best.

Love it! Just ordered a set!

Everbuilt DRL Sequential Turn Signal Led Light Strip 2pcs Set Day Time Ruining Light (White-Amber) Amazon

Here is my setup...
I've been tinkering with installing similar on mine and found that the bonnet sits below the side of the light how'd you get yours so straight? mine have a kind of kink in them at the edge of the bonnet also i think yours must be a bit more expensive as they look less like a line of leds and more like a smooth strip as they light up. Any tips and tricks you can share @Winchester ?

I've been tinkering with installing similar on mine and found that the bonnet sits below the side of the light how'd you get yours so straight? mine have a kind of kink in them at the edge of the bonnet also i think yours must be a bit more expensive as they look less like a line of leds and more like a smooth strip as they light up. Any tips and tricks you can share @Winchester ?
The ones Adrian installed on a cold n windy day have a brighter side where the leds are closer to the plastic covering .. bright side forward ..

The ones Adrian installed on a cold n windy day have a brighter side where the leds are closer to the plastic covering .. bright side forward ..
its not so much that as the where the bonnet comes down the headlight is lower than the wing part so, I'm struggling to get a smooth curve and when they're on they don't look so smooth more dot dot dot. Thats with the brighter side forward.

There’s a step in the actual headlight ..all you can do is loosen the wing mounting and carefully feed the strip through .. then tighten the wing

Back