• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

I have an E51 S1 2002 - what would be the best solution for me - I want to be able to pair my phone and play music through it as well as answer phone calls.
Cheapest solution is FM Bluetooth transmitter. Plugs in to cig lighter and pairs to your phone. You can stream music or radio through your phone and take hands free calls.
This is the one I got. It was on special at the time for £8.33 and they gave me a £5 Amazon voucher for writing a review! Cheap as chips
FirstE Bluetooth FM Transmitter,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BF52BY7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This thread covers the biggest issue for me in purchasing an E51 or E52.
It's unfortunate that when Googling "Japanese to English conversion" it defaults to the first post which states it can't be done.
Later posts obviously correct that but I expect it puts off perspective buyers who don't dig a little deeper. Their loss I suppose.
Another great thread though all the same. 👍

Could l power the sat nav and dash cam from the USBs on this ?
Should do. There's two usb sockets on the top so as long as you have usb cables for the Satnav and dashcam they will simply plug in.

There is a system available to buy for around £1000 plus off ebay and from Australia which is type specific for the S3 model E51's. I reckon it would be well worthy of the spend if it does actually does what it says it does.
I have a 2003 built E51 and it has the older yellow on black display. There is only one switch labelled in Javanese, so it did not take long to work out its function. Navigation , music etc its hard to go past your Smart phone and as Bluetooth ro FM transmitter.

Keep it simple I reckon.

Not sure how the7.30 to 11 appeared on the post, but the conversion of navigation is the heading for the eBay entry, it is currently ad £867 but has been as low as £803 due to exchange rate fluctuations, I have been waiting for the £ to soar & the price to come down to about 50 quid 🐖 couldn’t find a flying one. I have wondered though, when a few more of the series 3 arrive in the country, if a group buy could be arranged & probably, especially for me, a group fitting. Hope that helps.
Hi there Alboy, did anything ever come of this conversation and the conversion kit for the series 3..??

Hi there Alboy, did anything ever come of this conversation and the conversion kit for the series 3..??
Hi, I did go ahead & purchase the kit, in the end (from memory so it I could be way out🤪) it cost me about £750. It was quite easy to fit, apart from the fact the wiring was very tight.

Hi, I did go ahead & purchase the kit, in the end (from memory so it I could be way out🤪) it cost me about £750. It was quite easy to fit, apart from the fact the wiring was very tight.
Evening, wow, so this is confusing so I'm looking at the minute to buy a 2008 E51, series 3, so what exactly does the kit do please, this could be a game changer fir us all..

Evening, wow, so this is confusing so I'm looking at the minute to buy a 2008 E51, series 3, so what exactly does the kit do please, this could be a game changer fir us all..
Look up Xanavi & all will be revealed.

is there nothing in uk to change from japanees to english on elgrad
Hey I know this is an old forum. I have bought a disc that changes about half the text to English. Sat nav obs still not going to work. I get Radio two mostly, and local radio and a few crackly stations. Why does it not work for the first 10 mins. Also stations tuned in drop out every day?..

I have just purchased a 2008 s3 Elgrand, It has the av ports in the back, I was wondering if I replace the head unit will it connect to the rear screen, I understand that replacing it I will lose the navigation buttons for the main screen.

I have just purchased a 2008 s3 Elgrand, It has the av ports in the back, I was wondering if I replace the head unit will it connect to the rear screen, I understand that replacing it I will lose the navigation buttons for the main screen.
Hello! On 2008 Elgrand (S3) possible to install our solution only, impossible to install 2din head unit
And you will not lose anything

Hello! On 2008 Elgrand (S3) possible to install our solution only, impossible to install 2din head unit
And you will not lose anything
Could you send me more details regarding this process please.

Hiya Connor,
we just bought series 3 from a dealer, and paid extra for ghe Xanavi Englisg conversion head unit replacement...it works great, full Englush working sat nav and all English commands etc, the problem is waiting nearly 5 weeks for the unit..(there's a spot of trouble near Estonia and trade been severely disrupted). But it did finally arrive. I believe Xanavi are the only guys to tackle this...look at their You Tube video...Series 3 Elgrand Head Unit English Conversion....
Cheers

Good question, got to be the answer to the problem
There is no UK based solution to translate the factory Series 3 equipment. You either need to order a firmware upgrade from New Zealand (not really that hard with the internet but you need to be able to burn a DVD) or buy the Xanavi kit from Estonia.

For Series 1 and 2, you can swap to a double din and, provided it supports it,* mirror the display to the front screen using the VTR input (and a video in motion kit if one wasn't fitted in Japan) or a video interface (see my how to) if you want to retain the VTR input for rear screen entertainment.

For series 3, another option is to fit a second headunit* and mirror its image to the front screen, there is a how to for this.

* The head unit needs to mirror its display to a rear composite output, in this means you need a Chinese Android headunit.

On S3 no 2din head units, our solution only
There is no UK based solution to translate the factory Series 3 equipment. You either need to order a firmware upgrade from New Zealand (not really that hard with the internet but you need to be able to burn a DVD) or buy the Xanavi kit from Estonia.

For Series 1 and 2, you can swap to a double din and, provided it supports it,* mirror the display to the front screen using the VTR input (and a video in motion kit if one wasn't fitted in Japan) or a video interface (see my how to) if you want to retain the VTR input for rear screen entertainment.

For series 3, another option is to fit a second headunit* and mirror its image to the front screen, there is a how to for this.

* The head unit needs to mirror its display to a rear composite output, in this means you need a Chinese Android headunit.

On S3 no 2din head units, our solution only
Respectfully, yours is not the only solution.

There is a firmware upgrade available from New Zealand that just translates the menus but doesn't upgrade the Japanese sat nav

And several owners have followed this how to, Android Headunit and Touchscreen Overlay, to fit a hidden Android unit in parallel with the factory system. Obviously nothing is translated but that may suit some users.

Hey all. How's everyone getting on with their language conversions?

Has anyone had experience with this unit from Nifty City?

https://www.niftycity.shop/collecti...wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-interface

Back