• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

Thanks for that.
For those that have replaced the whole unit, what did you go for?

Very helpful thread thanks. Wish I could read Japanese!!

Bought one of these units from Incartec.
Not cheap but works really well, provides Carplay on the original screens. Ok the resolution ain’t the best on a Series 2 screen but it's fine for maps and music. £250 for the unit connected via the rear RCA sockets. Using this unit means I haven’t had to buy a new double din facia and I’ve retained the original a DVD player and multichanger CD player which suits me. Joy stick control works fine although you can add a touchscreen overlay if you wish.
So I bought this kit from incartec and sent it to @Northstar to fit during the conversion of my 2009 E51 series 3 highwaystar. Cut a long story short they couldn’t connect the unit and get it to work in the S3. Worked fine in the S2 they had in the workshop just not my s3! 🙁

S3's are a whole different kettle of fish.

So I bought this kit from incartec and sent it to @Northstar to fit during the conversion of my 2009 E51 series 3 highwaystar. Cut a long story short they couldn’t connect the unit and get it to work in the S3. Worked fine in the S2 they had in the workshop just not my s3! 🙁
You can buy our conversion kit, you will get OEM Nissan system, Navi maps, radio, language, Bluetooth handsfree and Bluetooth audio, USB input for playing audio and video files, so you don't need the Android :)

Has anyone used Car Audio Workshop in New Zealand????

They've asked me for some numbers....I followed their instructions but couldn't find one particular number.

I'm just in the process of setting it up as we speak just need to pay for the conversion have sent the required pictures

Has anyone used Car Audio Workshop in New Zealand????

They've asked me for some numbers....I followed their instructions but couldn't find one particular number.
Yeah it’s fairly simple. Just make sure to use your phone to translate the menus.

He should send you a email with the exact symbols to press to get the id number for the system 👍

He should send you a email with the exact symbols to press to get the id number for the system 👍
He did.....got the ID number but not the 'F' number

Its came up 07-08
But no 'F.......' underneath 😭

I've emailed them so fingers crossed

I put all my tunes on to a compact flash drive put them in works perfectly, it doesn't help the Japanese language situation but at least you have you tunes. I have a series 3 and are in a similar situation and are in investigation mode any nuggets I find I will post mate.

Just converted my screen to english worked a treat easy to do with the step by step instructions 🙂

I put all my tunes on to a compact flash drive put them in works perfectly, it doesn't help the Japanese language situation but at least you have you tunes. I have a series 3 and are in a similar situation and are in investigation mode any nuggets I find I will post mate.
Search on here for spuddyo Dropbox, I have a file in there showing main translation of S3 stereo pages, including music box initialise and Bluetooth menu. Once you have set up the system you rarely need the translation, just remember the common button presses. It's surprising his quick you remember.

Search on here for spuddyo Dropbox, I have a file in there showing main translation of S3 stereo pages, including music box initialise and Bluetooth menu. Once you have set up the system you rarely need the translation, just remember the common button presses. It's surprising his quick you remember.
That's Brill mate cheers.

Ok so I purchased the link, my brother has put it on a disc for me and tonight i shall be loading it! Will let you know how it goes. £158 we paid, are you allowed to put website links on here???

Ok so I purchased the link, my brother has put it on a disc for me and tonight i shall be loading it! Will let you know how it goes. £158 we paid, are you allowed to put website links on here???
Yes it’s fine to put website for Richard on here. I’ve done it so have others.

Back