Votes: 3 0.9%
  • None

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi Brian. A picture of it would be helpful in determining which model it is as bodywork/ styling is the first clue. If it's fully loaded as you say then possibly a higher XL spec car but without more info/picture it's going to be hard. Welcome btw.

bandh

E51 owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
thanks for your reply.
am viewing it today so will take a few pics. after searching i have a feeling its an xl as you suggest.

brian

Funkymartyn

E50 Owner
Whoops may have missed this thread , joined only recently, got a 2001. E50... but looks like I have to get back onto dodgy photo bucket again to post up pics... not mad on them.
Anyway hello to everyone, if you missed my first post.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Brian. Did you buy the car in Shrewsbury? I recognise the pics I think.

If so, that's the first Elgrand I'd driven. I was already doing research into buying one & I noticed there was one for sale locally. The wife & kids went to look at it & liked the look of it so much they booked a test drive for the next day. It was a lovely drive & convinced us it was the Elgrand that we should go for after a bit more research & a chat with the bank manager.

If not, I've had too many cheap Tesco lagers & I apologise. :)

bandh

E51 owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
yep , i think its the very same. id been looking for the right one for 12mths. wife wanted it straight off. got a good deal on my trade in too which helped. 6 seater which as there is only the two of us and two dogs gives us a bit more space. although it looked clean ,it took me 2 weeks solid to deep clean. came up like new. only a couple of issues. needed new pads all round and a blocked sunroof drain tube.
we like shropshire especially bishops castle......6 pubs and two of them breweries. ...nice. ideal for an ellgrand get together ??

brian

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
That's great, glad you got a good deal & you've only had to sort a couple of problems - I hate having to change cars, it's always a worry what you're going to find & what's been hidden.

Need to get the cats done on ours before the warranty's up & underseal before the crap weather.

Blackpool would be ideal too. Plenty of pubs, a beach & a fun park etc. Can't compete with that. :)

bandh

E51 owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
first things i did was get the rear cats removed and undersealed. the salt is a killer here where we live,50yds from the sea. i also got a chance to see underneath . like new.
now the lights are on ,as usual,the weather changes. time for rain and gales.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The poll has been updated so that users can change their vote (if they have moved from a 50 to a 51 for example).