• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 248 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,185 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 49 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.2%

• Total voters
Saying that, there are more E50's on the road... I guess the owners are less likely to be part of a forum.

How do you justify that statement? I see more E51s? give me some facts and figures Karl....

I see a lot of E50's. If you look through the spotted section, they are MOSTLY E50's (not always). I see them parked up, driving around. I have never ever seen an E51 on the roads.

Has anybody considered asking DVLA under freedom of information about the numbers they have registered in the UK?
Ask about E50/51/52 seperately under one request and see what comes back?
That might settle it!

Might make a good raffle comp also? closest to each category and an overall?

What do you think @Karl

@Whaley - I'll see if I can contact them for information :)

E50 3.2TD Highway Star 1998, converted to camper by JAL in 2012 with room in the lifting roof for two.

Out of interest, as I only ever seen one other Elgrand (Boney's), do we know how many are currently registered in the UK?

David

Last edited by a moderator:
2001 Silver E50 V 3.0ltr Neo has 130000km. Had it since 2012 and have had no problems at all, just replaced front brake pads and rear brake shoes and lower control arm bushes. Had 70000km when i bought it.

Oh dear, the E51's are stonking away into the lead here!

Oh dear, the E51's are stonking away into the lead here!
It seems to me more e51 than e50 being imported / sold these days so I can't see it changing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cycle will start again with the E52 starting to ween it's way in now that it's 6 years old (the oldest ones anyway).

I've noticed a couple of e52's being imported but with the cost of the original car in japan and generally the Elgrand being seen as a luxury MPV, a lot of families may be put of with the final cost and economy so I can see the e51 gaining more in popularity. there's bound to be more E50's registered than E51's but when I started looking about 2 years ago there were hardly any E51's on the market, now theres loads, give it a couple of years and the early E52's will be cheaper and will start coming over in boatloads.

2005 3.5 Rider, white. Pick it up tomorrow.

2005 NE51 Rider S in Black and pick it up on Saturday!!!!! yippee

Just got my 2004 e51 in white

pearl white and silver E50 3.5v6 I like the original style , personal choice

might be the wrong thread but what the hell:rolleyes:
i am considering the purchase of an Elgrand e51. there is no indication of what Elgrand it might be . there is no badge on the rear door eg rider,highway star. the dealer has checked the log book and just states Elgrand.
any ideas? its a 7 seater and appears fully loaded.

brian

Back