• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 246 15.8%
  • E51

Votes: 1,177 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 48 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.3%

• Total voters
Hi Brian. A picture of it would be helpful in determining which model it is as bodywork/ styling is the first clue. If it's fully loaded as you say then possibly a higher XL spec car but without more info/picture it's going to be hard. Welcome btw.

thanks for your reply.
am viewing it today so will take a few pics. after searching i have a feeling its an xl as you suggest.

brian

done the dirty deed and bought it. after waiting 12mth for the right one at the right price.
as promised photos of said "Elgrand"

any ideas what model it is?

i think ill go with an xl :)

2004 E51 new owner here. Thinks its just a highway star.. Very happy so far!

Whoops may have missed this thread , joined only recently, got a 2001. E50... but looks like I have to get back onto dodgy photo bucket again to post up pics... not mad on them.
Anyway hello to everyone, if you missed my first post.

Hi Brian. Did you buy the car in Shrewsbury? I recognise the pics I think.

If so, that's the first Elgrand I'd driven. I was already doing research into buying one & I noticed there was one for sale locally. The wife & kids went to look at it & liked the look of it so much they booked a test drive for the next day. It was a lovely drive & convinced us it was the Elgrand that we should go for after a bit more research & a chat with the bank manager.

If not, I've had too many cheap Tesco lagers & I apologise. :)

yep , i think its the very same. id been looking for the right one for 12mths. wife wanted it straight off. got a good deal on my trade in too which helped. 6 seater which as there is only the two of us and two dogs gives us a bit more space. although it looked clean ,it took me 2 weeks solid to deep clean. came up like new. only a couple of issues. needed new pads all round and a blocked sunroof drain tube.
we like shropshire especially bishops castle......6 pubs and two of them breweries. ...nice. ideal for an ellgrand get together ??

brian

That's great, glad you got a good deal & you've only had to sort a couple of problems - I hate having to change cars, it's always a worry what you're going to find & what's been hidden.

Need to get the cats done on ours before the warranty's up & underseal before the crap weather.

Blackpool would be ideal too. Plenty of pubs, a beach & a fun park etc. Can't compete with that. :)

first things i did was get the rear cats removed and undersealed. the salt is a killer here where we live,50yds from the sea. i also got a chance to see underneath . like new.
now the lights are on ,as usual,the weather changes. time for rain and gales.

The poll has been updated so that users can change their vote (if they have moved from a 50 to a 51 for example).

I have an E50 , reliable , comfortable , they are all great vehicles

Mine is the 3.5 V6 E51 2007 series 2. with LPG . Pearl white, full black leather. I just Luv it.

I have a 1997 E50 with the 3.3 V6, switchable 4wd and LPG conversion.

E51 highway star, in metal blue. With new after market head unit and drop down dvd/TV What a superb motor, smooth as a nut, love it.
So happy with my E51 highway star, I bought another E51 for my wife to drive this time a black 2005 rider (love em).

E51 Rider S. Had it now for 5 trouble free years. Engine is a little bit special and full Autech extras. Get's used every day and spoils most boy racer's days!!

CVB

Back