• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

So the Mrs has been house hunting and came across this beauty! lol
She would agree to live in an industrial estate in exchange for the left hand side of the building and I can have the right hand side!!! :p:eek:
Do you think there would be enough space for my two Elgrands, my sons Mini and also my small collection of Sinclair C5's!!! lol

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.45.52.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.45.30.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.45.06.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.42.32.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.42.49.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.44.54.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.44.21.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 18.42.21.png

Sorry missed Richards post. Would have refrained, but couldn't resist it.

What really upsets me is when I am driving down a reasonably narrow street with cars parked both sides. A driver coming towards me can see that I am already part way down the road, but doesn't wait before starting off down the street towards me. Had a 4x4 do that to me today. As he squeezed by he waved at me and I waved back vigorously moving my hand up and down as if clenching a broom handle. My wife said, "What are you doing". I said, just waving back". She said "Oh". My wife is from the Middle East and hasn't quite got to grips with all our British customs. Bless her cotton socks.

So the Mrs has been house hunting and came across this beauty! lol
She would agree to live in an industrial estate in exchange for the left hand side of the building and I can have the right hand side!!! :p:eek:
Do you think there would be enough space for my two Elgrands, my sons Mini and also my small collection of Sinclair C5's!!! lol

View attachment 4127View attachment 4128View attachment 4129View attachment 4133View attachment 4132View attachment 4130View attachment 4131View attachment 4134
Room for us all I think Richard. When can I move in????

Turns out Miss Seven is hiding some nasty secrets from me that will more than likely end in us splitting up. After knowing her for 8 years, yeah I'm pissed off. "Oh but Seven it doesn't matter you're young." Yeah but I grew up when I was fucking 12 and I've had enough of people taking my trust for granted. For fuck sakes, just when I thought I could trust someone again.

Turns out Miss Seven is hiding some nasty secrets from me that will more than likely end in us splitting up. After knowing her for 8 years, yeah I'm pissed off. "Oh but Seven it doesn't matter you're young." Yeah but I grew up when I was fucking 12 and I've had enough of people taking my trust for granted. For fuck sakes, just when I thought I could trust someone again.
Shit man sorry to hear this 😓 hope you're Ok, hit me up with a message if you need to rant

Here's a general rant thread... let all of that pent up anger out!

Go!

FUCK ! 😤 I've just found out that my mother in law will now be travelling with us in my Elgrand over to Brittany for our summer holiday !
Has anyone got a roof box that I can please use for the journey ? It will be used as her personal hospitality suite !!!! 😕

FUCK ! 😤 I've just found out that my mother in law will now be travelling with us in my Elgrand over to Brittany for our summer holiday !
Has anyone got a roof box that I can please use for the journey ? It will be used as her personal hospitality suite !!!! 😕

@Nathane69 I have a 470 litre roof box that would have been ideal for the mother in law and supplies but I am based in The Netherlands, soz mate! lol

" and those bloody pensioners " Simpleh NOT loveleh matey:p:p:p:p:p

@Nathane69 I have a 470 litre roof box that would have been ideal for the mother in law and supplies but I am based in The Netherlands, soz mate! lol

Dear Richard 😀👍
Thank you very much for your kind offer of your roof box . Sounds a perfect excuse to visit you and the Netherlands ! We can talk elgrands and drink a few Carlsbergs🍺🍺🍺 🍻
Cheers , fella 😂👍

Whats her name and age mate???? I feel a " simpleh loveleh rant coming on " :p

So, to try and keep it brief, last year I wondered what options were out there for me getting a new bicycle. Maybe not a true mountain bike but one that would take some off-road abuse, and seeing as a) I'm lazy and a) I'm the wrong side of 50 then perhaps an electric one??

Ah, the Rad Power RadRhino looked appealing (even if a hard-tail) but wait...it was only available in the states. Screw the import fees and all that. My heart rate slowed and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to 2018 and I see they're now available in the EU with free shipping. And at £1200 not out of reach. Reading more.. 750W motor, max speed 25kmh, 40-70 km range, speedo, odometer, lights, including brake light, 7-speed. Hmmm. The rear rack is a bit pants but that would come off...
...except not, because due to the size of the motor the bike is a L1E-A category bike. This means in the UK you must complete a DVLA registration, which means it needs a rear number plate!

DVLA Registration
  • Request a DVLA V267 and V55/4 form.
    • Rad Power Bikes will send you a sample V267 and V55/4 form to assist you with filling out your own as well as instructions for how to request them.
  • You will need to send by post the following items to the address printed on the DVLA V55/4 form:
    • Completed V55/4 form
    • Completed V267 form
    • Check or postal order for £55
    • Copy of an identification document
    • Copy of a document that confirms your address
    • Copy of the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) that comes with the bike
  • DVLA will take up to 30 days to register the bike and will inform you once the registration is complete.
  • Once the bike is registered, you will need to have a license plate made.
  • The rider must have a valid drivers license.
Also, you must have liability insurance. Whatever that'll cost.

How pants would it look riding a mountain bike that had a rear number plate! Not sure I'm really interested now.
Fuck this country and it's nanny-state laws. It's a fucking bicycle :/

So, to try and keep it brief, last year I wondered what options were out there for me getting a new bicycle. Maybe not a true mountain bike but one that would take some off-road abuse, and seeing as a) I'm lazy and a) I'm the wrong side of 50 then perhaps an electric one??

Ah, the Rad Power RadRhino looked appealing (even if a hard-tail) but wait...it was only available in the states. Screw the import fees and all that. My heart rate slowed and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to 2018 and I see they're now available in the EU with free shipping. And at £1200 not out of reach. Reading more.. 750W motor, max speed 25kmh, 40-70 km range, speedo, odometer, lights, including brake light, 7-speed. Hmmm. The rear rack is a bit pants but that would come off...
...except not, because due to the size of the motor the bike is a L1E-A category bike. This means in the UK you must complete a DVLA registration, which means it needs a rear number plate!

DVLA Registration
  • Request a DVLA V267 and V55/4 form.
    • Rad Power Bikes will send you a sample V267 and V55/4 form to assist you with filling out your own as well as instructions for how to request them.
  • You will need to send by post the following items to the address printed on the DVLA V55/4 form:
    • Completed V55/4 form
    • Completed V267 form
    • Check or postal order for £55
    • Copy of an identification document
    • Copy of a document that confirms your address
    • Copy of the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) that comes with the bike
  • DVLA will take up to 30 days to register the bike and will inform you once the registration is complete.
  • Once the bike is registered, you will need to have a license plate made.
  • The rider must have a valid drivers license.
Also, you must have liability insurance. Whatever that'll cost.

How pants would it look riding a mountain bike that had a rear number plate! Not sure I'm really interested now.
Fuck this country and it's nanny-state laws. It's a fucking bicycle :/
Looks like 250W is maximum for a bicycle. Bit more powerful than electric toothbrush, but not much!

Back