• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Hose removed, hole drilled in said hose, tee-piece fitted through from inside hose and pipe fitted to tee-piece. Dab of glue round tee-piece on inside to seal and the job's in order

Ive finally managed to fix my HID Fog Lights :)

Not anything to shout about but another annoying thing ticked off the list :)

Absolution said:
Ive finally managed to fix my HID Fog Lights :)

Looking at your pic, you have the same fogs as mine and I wanted to upgrade them to hid or led. Any hints on where to start as I looked under the car and I couldn't get to the backs of them.

Easiest way to get to them is to take the front bumper off (not really that difficult to do) then you can see exactly what wires etc... are there.
I thought my ballast on one had gone so looked at new kits and found loads on ebay.
Hope thats of help :)

washed it and cleaned the inside. another wash next week before a coat of hd wax!

Hoovered and washed. Fitted a replacement grill. Got and idea for my other grill. Bentley style!!

I've fitted a new Nissan badge which is back-lit in red and fitted it to the rear of my E50. It's fairly simple to remove the old badge as it's only stuck on with double sided tape, but the new one does need a small hole to be drilled into the rear door for wires to be inserted through to the insides, where you can pick up a live and earth feed from your number plate lights.
Have attached a few photos so you can see what it looks like. The badge was supplied by a Facebook member called Terry Wong, who can supply them in red, white or blue.

I replaced my Blue led interior lights the other day on my E50, with new Cob lights in cool blue colour. Very easy to do as they come with a full set of adaptors so they all fit the existing connectors, and is simply a case of removing the existing bulbs/leds and replacing with new ones and they are brighter than leds and give off a slightly paler blue colour. Have attached some photos of what it looks like and they can be supplied by one of our Facebook members called Terry Wong.

Fitted New primary lead lambda sensors...car still runs lumpy and lean on both banks...oh and i have an oil leak of one of the banks cylinder head

Arctic Fox said:
Fitted New primary lead lambda sensors...car still runs lumpy and lean on both banks...oh and i have an oil leak of one of the banks cylinder head

Dude :cry:

The tether i am at the end of so i am......but will keep going until she rises like a phoenix

put stock hid bulbs back,they were changed to halogens to pass inspection.
took me long time to find out I didnt have to take off grill,headlights,did the other side in a lot less time.

Finally got round to fitting boost gauge, 12 psi on WOT. also fitted a volt gauge and outside temp gauge in the spare din slot.
Look ok but fancy a double din touch screen head unit so may not stay there for long .
Sold free flow filter set-up.

Nustad said:
Finally got round to fitting boost gauge, 12 psi on WOT. also fitted a volt gauge and outside temp gauge in the spare din slot.
Look ok but fancy a double din touch screen head unit so may not stay there for long .
Sold free flow filter set-up.

Pics or guide for boost, volt or temp gauge?

Changed the 3 drive belts today. The alternator belt looked old so changed all 3, ordered them from euro parts but the small belt was the wrong size.
On mine Alternator belt was 13x1165 la power steering belt was 13x1145 la and AC belt was 13x965 la.
The sizes on the belts I took off were li which is internal length and the belts supplied from euro parts are la which is external length. My local motor factors also supplies belts where the sizes are stated for the external length.
Very easy to change and gave it a quick spruce up while the bonnet was up.

Just done my latest oil change, and service. All set for the coming summer.

Going for M.O.T. on Tuesday so will hope all is well.

Just got back from the garage. M.O.T. Passed.... NO advisorys at all, and so now covered until May 30th next year.
All that work looking after Scrooby has not been in vain. Happy Bunny!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Today i have started an engine flush, oil change to include new filter, will also be fitting new front pads
If i get time i will also be draining and filling the rear diff, fitting new rear discs, fitting new drop links

Removed the front grill.

Surprisingly easy, hopefully just as easy to refit!

Back