• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dropped it off at RS Alloys in Hartlepool to have my wheels refurbed :D

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=34&p=4821#p4821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 4821#p4821</a><!-- m -->

Just done all my windows, inside and out with distilled vinegar. Also the mirrors. Gleaming, and looking amazing.
2 hours work. I swear you have to be a contortionist to get to the bottom centre of the screen inside!

Now, just let it DARE rain !! :devil:

I use autoglym glass polish on my windows and it works wonders. Plus, it makes the water bead, so keeps them clean in the rain.

I changed the oil today and made a right mess. Then, to make me feel better, I sticker bombed my centre console :D

DSCN0560_zpsqej90vus.jpg

DSCN0561_zpsjz4k8ulo.jpg

Lost one of the retaining caps from rear batwing window and have been running with a bodge repair for the past 6 months.

Replacement parts from Nissan dealer - about £6

Just been out and washed off a shedload of Seagull shite that some foul bird decided to dump on Scooby !!
Right across the screen, and down the n/s wing. Not Happy !! Can't believe how much there was. :rant:
Filthy creatures they are. Flying rats ! :vampire:

Apart from that, we had a nice walk in Teignmouth ! :)

Given the car an absolute BLITZ inside and out today. Sun is out, and it just seemed like a really good opportunity to have a deep clean.
Done a full under bonnet check, and as usual, apart from screen wash, everything else was fine. Will change oil next month as part of ongoing maintenance, and my new front discs will be going on too. Unfortunately, I'll have to give the disc job to the garage, as I have a torn nerve and muscle in my shoulder, which is screaming painful and her indoors won't let me do any serious spanner work atm !! NOT happy :evil: but I know she means well.

Got a couple of long journeys coming up soon, London next week, and Inverness in July, so it will make it more pleasant to drive as well

Today I replaced a blown sidelight bulb, dropped a new battery in, fitted an oil catch can, new MAF , freeflow airfilter and temporary repair on split Maf to turbo hose.

Today I spent all day cleaning and polishing my dear ol E50 plus the re-installation of the old ICE system (as the other one has been put into my now E50). I can't believe it took me all day but she looks amazing and is all ready to be sold. I'll be sad to see her go but I do prefer the E51 now.
2z3taiu.jpg

qpqt4x.jpg

1r3gk7.jpg

ezopon.jpg

Fitted new speakers, well fitted 3 new speakers still got one in the back to do. Fitted new mirrors courtesy of Craig, old ones had chrome trim and one didn't fold in and was unstable at speed.
New ones are plain white and look much better.

After reading Rapperfrapper report about washing and cleaning I was amazed the time spent cleaning his car. Today I found out why! Yesterday it took me the whole day to clean inside and out including waxing of my E50 ready for selling. I thought I would spend today sorting the misses car (just a wash and wax) which only took a couple of hours then start on my E51. 6 hours later I finished! The black is a nightmare to clean and polish as every little swirl shows. 8 micro clothes later and you can see the end result
2j3rz4p.jpg

zik8s7.jpg

Today I fitted the dash bulb pack and changed the speedo facia for one that has MPH on. The speedo was very accurate to GPS and after 2 attempts of refiting the needle that accuracy is there in MPH now.
I have two parcels next door that were delivered when I was out, hopefully one is the Cabin filters and frames. The old ones look like they have been in since the thing was new.

New cabin filters fitted and a marked increase to air flow. Well worth doing.
Rear curtain removed and washed, if it goes back in succesfully and the pleats stay in then they are all going in the washer tomorrow.
Side door lubricated , slides nice and easy now.

Smashed the rear fog off a speed bump. :roll:

Victim of lows

I planned to wire one up to the rear cluster any way.

Well done Minty! Nothing like breaking it to motivate you to move faster. What you playing at? You've had it ages now, should be just about finished... :laugh:

Fitted my new badge :)

20150328_144223_zpsbsqy5ohp.jpg

20150328_144302_zpsil0pgx8v.jpg

Hi Minty, shame about your fog light :( Maybe you should consider having it in the bumper like mine :0

Karl said:
Well done Minty! Nothing like breaking it to motivate you to move faster. What you playing at? You've had it ages now, should be just about finished... :laugh:

I thought you were going to say why haven't you broken more! :D

Finished washing the curtains, all back in and look better.
Removed the zip ties off my silicone intake pipe and replaced them with a blue velcro strap, looks better and still gives the pipe slight room to move.
Ordered 2 more rear speakers as I managed to send the drill through one of my new ones when fitting them.
Fitted new oil filler cap courtesy of Craig Morley.
Thought about fitting boost gauge but gonna leave it for a day when it isn't raining.

Removed the free flow filter set up as it sounded bloody awful, all that intake noise. Re-fitted standard set-up and sounds loads better.
Fitted new silicone samco intake hose to replace old one that had split and had been taped up temporarily.
Going to remove rubber hose that sits over engine from intercooler to intake manifold and fit pipe from there for boost gauge.

Back