• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Let it be warm!!
On the weekend I dismantled the burnt out rear heater. A sad sight.Installed a new heater. First, the heater radiator was filled with a solution of hot water and citric acid. Also using an antifreeze pump, I pressure washed the heater radiator with a solution of citric acid and hot water.It's very warm in the car!! I am very glad!

For a long time I drove with the crankcase ventilation hose pulled down. a few months ago I restored the crankcase ventilation system + installed an oil trap.Oil has appeared in the oil catcher, which indicates that the piston group is gradually wearing out (for reference, regarding the monster QD32 - it can wear out for years).. And a logical question is brewing... change the engine or repair the engine. I looked at the cost of a used engine - I was horrified.. equal to the cost of a car, which is inadequate..I'm thinking of this scheme:- boring the cylinder block for piston liners (standard) (since the QD 32 does not have liners, although its brother TD27 has liners).- Purchase and selection of liners (previously I found out that they are suitable from Toyota KZ1, it will only be necessary to bore them for QD32 pistons)- troubleshooting and replacement of pistons - I’m thinking of buying used Japanese pistons + new rings, since buying Chinese ones is scary. New Japanese pistons are now unavailable to us, like many Japanese spare parts...- troubleshooting, grinding of the cylinder head, milling of valve seats.Since theQD32 will take a long time to die, I think I will devote the next year to purchasing the necessary parts for future engine repairs.I plan to entrust the work of boring, milling and grinding to a workshop. And I will do the engine assembly myself.Strange plans as always)

For a long time I drove with the crankcase ventilation hose pulled down. a few months ago I restored the crankcase ventilation system + installed an oil trap.Oil has appeared in the oil catcher, which indicates that the piston group is gradually wearing out (for reference, regarding the monster QD32 - it can wear out for years).. And a logical question is brewing... change the engine or repair the engine. I looked at the cost of a used engine - I was horrified.. equal to the cost of a car, which is inadequate..I'm thinking of this scheme:- boring the cylinder block for piston liners (standard) (since the QD 32 does not have liners, although its brother TD27 has liners).- Purchase and selection of liners (previously I found out that they are suitable from Toyota KZ1, it will only be necessary to bore them for QD32 pistons)- troubleshooting and replacement of pistons - I’m thinking of buying used Japanese pistons + new rings, since buying Chinese ones is scary. New Japanese pistons are now unavailable to us, like many Japanese spare parts...- troubleshooting, grinding of the cylinder head, milling of valve seats.Since theQD32 will take a long time to die, I think I will devote the next year to purchasing the necessary parts for future engine repairs.I plan to entrust the work of boring, milling and grinding to a workshop. And I will do the engine assembly myself.Strange plans as always)
Big work ahead for you :confused:

Sounds like a good plan, I've an old landrover turbo that has terrible float on the crank and has been dumping oil in its catch tank it's been doing that for over 15yrs

Sounds mega Boris love the way you never give in with the old girl

Winter has come) there is a lot of snow) this morning -30) fresh) At night it will be -35)The heater are in +32 mode and in the 2nd position. It’s hot, I’m driving without a hat, drinking hot coffee)I had the flu for a week, but I’m better and ready to go to work.This weekend I plan to replace the bearing of the power steering pump; in the cold the bearing whistles/buzzes terribly.Last weekend there was a mini-meeting of the Elgrand Club of Eastern Siberia) some photos)

Last edited:
Nice one Boris good to see there are a few Elgrands in your part of the world
In my part of the world there are an incredible number of right-hand drive Japanese cars. from Vladivostok to the Urals (including the Irkutsk region) - 90% Japanese right-hand drive cars) But beyond the Urals and west to Moscow, there are mostly European cars. Although I must admit, after sanctions from Japan (+ our laws), a lot of Chinese cars came to Russia, which makes me sad(

Thanks for the updates Boris, like to hear your stories and like to see how you cope with such cold temperatures 🌡
And we can’t cope with the cold)) A Siberian is not someone who is not afraid of cold weather, but someone who dresses warmly))

jingle bells))And so.. The weekend passed in total freezing) -45)
Battery at home charging)
The power steering pump at home was disassembled and cleaned. Replaced the seal and bearing. I warmed up the garage and installed the pump) The noise and creaking went away. I'm happy)The dogs slept all weekend) The house is heated with a warm water floor, so the animals are happy)
frosty morning ))
Morning)) -40 I leave in the direction of work) Elgrand copes well with frosts. It's warm in the cabin. The tank is filled with diesel + Highgear antigel. Everyone is happy)

Back