• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Boat pics

When i read each post and you explain how you have fixed this, modified that, re-manufactured the other.....i wounder how the fcuk it ran in the first place.

This post will be a great selling point if you ever decide sell it.

Summer is around the corner, hope you and your family get plenty of joy from it.

Any nuts and bolts left over after you've put it all together? :)

When i read each post and you explain how you have fixed this, modified that, re-manufactured the other.....i wounder how the fcuk it ran in the first place.

This post will be a great selling point if you ever decide sell it.

Summer is around the corner, hope you and your family get plenty of joy from it.
Most of what I've written about are just normal concerns when rebuilding an engine, but yes there were issues that prompted me to rebuild it.

Any nuts and bolts left over after you've put it all together? :)
Definitely not regards the engine itself. Heh, there aren't many bolts you could leave out of the inside of an engine and not have it self destruct soon after starting it. It's unlikely I'd leave any bolts out from anything else either such as the bolts that connect the bellhousing or mount it all in the boat, it's kind of too obvious where they all need to be fitted.

Having said that the correct answer should have been yes, the old head bolts, because I fitted new ones.

The engine is back in :)

Still loads to do to finish the install but at least it's back in the boat.

20240416_135128.jpg

20240416_164811.jpg

20240416_164858.jpg

20240416_171930.jpg

Attachments

• 20240416_135116.jpg
    20240416_135116.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240416_135133.jpg
    20240416_135133.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240416_164903.jpg
    20240416_164903.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 13
Oooh ! It's getting nearer to the BIG DAY. (Start engine to test it) Any idea when that will be Simon?
If we get much more rain you won't have far to take it for a test launch. ☔ 🚤
Much will depend on work, if I find anything else wrong or run into any problems and the weather mate. So far today's weather has been a mix of sunshine, heavy clouds, rain and the occassional heavy hail shower!

I've just checked the raw water pump because I was suspecting a problem with that but it seems OK. Currently doing some prep work for an LPG conversion.

Back