• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Boat pics

Lpgc

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
Trader
Yorkshire
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
I posted a pic of my new (old really but new to me as I only recently bought it) boat on the 'What have you done to your Elgrand today' thread, a couple of people said they'd like to see more pics of it...

20230609_170853.jpg

20230610_155920.jpg

20230610_150701.jpg

20230609_150422.jpg

I've been trying to read the engine model number... I know it's a Volvo Penta / OMC / Ford based V8, not sure if it's a 5.0 or 5.8. I think it's a 5.0 and fairly detuned at 190bhp rating (2bbl carb, the 4bbl version has 230bhp) and I think the model plate denotes the 5.0 engine but can't be completely sure and the surveyor noted it's a 5.8 which would be 265bhp.

20230610_180606.jpg

20230610_180612.jpg

Volvo Penta Marine engines......I believe these to be tough as old boots.
the venerable and much loved (by me) Volvo D5 was closely related to marine unit too....

Volvo Penta Marine engines......I believe these to be tough as old boots.
the venerable and much loved (by me) Volvo D5 was closely related to marine unit too....

I dunno, I think I'd have preferred a Mercruiser setup because parts are easier to get hold of. Firms like Volvo Penta do make some of their own engines (and some of them are Volvo engines, particularly the diesels) but they also 'marine-ise' car engines made by the likes of Ford and Chevrolet, this one is a Ford V8.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy that looks lovely!!!
Get yourself over to The Netherlands in it! lol

I would love a boat but I get sea sick 🤢🤮🤢
So do I but it's different when you're driving (probably something to do with anticipating the waves and boat movement) and different on a speedboat with V hull compared to a displacement hull... or at least it's different whilst you're moving. Used to go out with my dad on his boats and he liked to do a bit of sea fishing... we'd sometimes both feel sick (my dad said it was an advantage to spread some ground bait anyway lol) but you start feeling better as soon as you start moving again, especially if you're driving.

Lovely, really like it
Is it thirstier than Elgrand?
Yes lol. Around 5mpg at best (at 5mph and again at around 25mph) and probably 1mpg flat out at around 45mph. That's actually not too bad for a boat.

Can you get a rooster tail?
Haven't tried with this boat but I doubt it lol.

Last edited:
@Karlos I'm trying to find what spec prop the boat would have come with originally and buy a new one (probably original spec but I'm open to advise)... Any ideas where to get one?

I know you're from the South East but I don't remember if it's you I met at an Elgrand meet who takes his boat to some lake near the Humber Bridge?

Yes that's me we have a caravan near the Humber bridge on a water-ski lake . I have a high five prop on mine faster take off for wake boarding
eBay I think
Get yourself some Ringo's the kids will have great fun

Yes that's me we have a caravan near the Humber bridge on a water-ski lake . I have a high five prop on mine faster take off for wake boarding
eBay I think
Get yourself some Ringo's the kids will have great fun

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565073248118.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565073248118.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
Back