- Messages
- 13,380
- Reaction score
- 40,436
- Points
- 473
- Location
- Normandie
- First Name
- André
- Elgrand
- E51
- Region
- Rest Of World
I think he needs to up his game to hydrogen conversion.lpgc, you're opinion?
I think he needs to up his game to hydrogen conversion.lpgc, you're opinion?
I think you're unlikely to see a lot of vehicles with internal combustion engines on the roads running on hydrogen, if hydrogen becomes a thing more likely to see EV's (that you like so muchI think he needs to up his game to hydrogen conversion.
I've already written a few posts about my thoughts on MFG / Morrisons price increase, such as this one https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/lpg-in-your-area.31974/page-34#post-608445lpgc, you're opinion?
I sometimes wonder if you may have a bias towards LPG.I think you're unlikely to see a lot of vehicles with internal combustion engines on the roads running on hydrogen, if hydrogen becomes a thing more likely to see EV's (that you like so much) with hydrogen fuel cells.
I've already written a few posts about my thoughts on MFG / Morrisons price increase, such as this one https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/lpg-in-your-area.31974/page-34#post-608445
I sometimes wonder if you may have a bias towards LPG.
You assume I'm competent enough t identify the necessary pipe and remove it safely and quickly.Runaway affects range from minor to massive depending on the amount of oil being inducted, could do the rag trick with a minor effect but if massive probably not enough time before the engine over-revved.
What @Gwilo365 might be able to do is disconnect the air pipe between the turbo and engine, that way if the turbo is leaking oil into the pipe it won't get into the engine or be able to cause runaway affect, whilst the car could still be driveable.
A straight off ban?It seems no deterrent, point or fines, puts people off.
Phones are so important that they are willing to risk those and put people’s lives in jeopardy.
So I’m really not sure what it would take to stop people using them.
Temporary lights by me saw at least eight people on mobiles as I walked to the post office with a dog. I called one out who had his window down and said 'should really know better, shouldn't you mate'. He looked sheepish and said 'the traffic's stopped'. I said 'still against the law though, isn't it mate. As you know'. 'A van with sign-writing on it too man'. Put it away. Earlier on too, I took the dog for a walk over Blackwood High street (which for some reason she loves), and I clock a DRIVING INSTRUCTOR on a mobile at lights!! wtf
Yes, and both of those emboldened things are illegal.Using phones at lights is illegal so it's wrong to do it....
But there's 'using a phone' at lights as in a quick glance and 'using a phone' at lights as in playing a game or checking Facebook.
Some people have far more negative habits at traffic lights than using the expected time before lights change again to do a quick check of their phone screen to see if (e.g.) an expected message has been received (which doesn't mean they actually read it)...
Many people seem to not bother to check if anything (cyclists etc) are approaching on the inside or outside before setting off from lights, not even a check in the mirrors.
If someone does a quick phone 'status' check at lights with the handbrake on in neutral but then makes sure they're completely aware of the situation and checks mirrors / looks over shoulder etc before they set off, that could be safer than someone who would never check a phone but doesn't do the other checks.
I would of course agree that txting etc while driving is a definite no-no.
Good points. Maybe write to your MP. The more distracted things banned the better. A husband who gets a phone call later on today to say his family has been wiped out on the commute home by a person messing with a sat nav, or a phone, probably would agree too.But ploughing through an indeterminate number of screens on your touchscreen in-car entertainment system to set the a/c, enter a destination on your in built sat nav etc, smoking/vaping/doing your make up (any gender) is all perfectly acceptable??
We don't generally moan about people changing the radio station, adjusting the heater etc (as @Gwilo365 says) or not checking mirrors etc, but we do moan about a quick phone status check. The devil is in the detail, how long were they messing with their phone when in standing traffic etc, did they stay aware of what was going on around them throughout (at least as much as they would if say changing the radio station) and did they check over their shoulder before setting off.Yes, and both of those emboldened things are illegal.
As for the second emboldened text, that also is illegal.
We can't say 'hey mate, can you stop tuning your air con up when at the lights please', because it isn't illegal. If it was, we could. Maybe write to your MP?We don't generally moan about people changing the radio station, adjusting the heater etc (as @Gwilo365 says) or not checking mirrors etc, but we do moan about a quick phone status check. The devil is in the detail, how long were they messing with their phone when in standing traffic etc, did they stay aware of what was going on around them throughout (at least as much as they would if say changing the radio station) and did they check over their shoulder before setting off.
Enough to make it illegal.The devil is in the detail, how long were they messing with their phone when in standing traffic etc

No.Were you living in Sheffield at the time Jas?