• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

A twonk that used to work for me years back once thought it would be cool to throw a full can of expanding foam into the skip at work ....for the funnies and all that!
Windy day, all I saw was floating foam blowing all over the yard, it stuck to everything it landed on including customers cars! It stuck to his dreadlocks and beard.
Cost us 4k in damages/repairs getting vehicles t-cut back but thankfully his lesson learnt, ......beard shaved off and half his dreads destroyed.
His nickname beforehand was Tit, this lengthened to fucking Tit
 
Why are there so many TV progs based on Yorkshire? We all know it’s full of miserly miserable people eking out a pitiful existence in the cold wet and wuthering weather yet they are attempting to brainwash us into thinking it is a lovely place.
As a poofy southerner tho, I have to admit I do like Yorkshire pud and dripping, the two ingredients found in all northern meals.

Edit, of course it’s a joke, I’m married to a northern “lass” and northerners have gravy on their chips which is good but there are a hell of a lot of tv about it and channel 5 has it non stop.
 
Last edited:
Why are there so many TV progs based on Yorkshire? We all know it’s full of miserly miserable people eking out a pitiful existence in the cold wet and wuthering weather yet they are attempting to brainwash us into thinking it is a lovely place.
As a poofy southerner tho, I have to admit I do like Yorkshire pud and dripping, the two ingredients found in all northern meals.

Edit, of course it’s a joke, I’m married to a northern “lass” and northerners have gravy on their chips which is good but there are a hell of a lot of tv about it and channel 5 has it non stop.
As a yorkshireman I agree that there is too much on. We don't want the outside world knowing just how good it is, you all might come and spoil it 😉
 
As a yorkshireman I agree that there is too much on. We don't want the outside world knowing just how good it is, you all might come and spoil it 😉
I'd have to find it first lo,, especially when they start confusing me with stuff like east, west, south and north.

The irony of it all is I've also been a Sheffield Wed fan since just gone 14. I liked owls when I was a kid, so latched on to them when getting into football.
 
I was up close and personal with a StepWgn Spada y'day, when I was having my Elgrand serviced. I thought it looked nice.
 
I think the Bimmer crapped it's turbo on the way home last night.
It munched it's timing chain last August, at 83k. Cost £1800 to sort it.
Last night, starts this harmonic howl, like someone was playing a theremin under the bonnet.
That died down and disappeared, lost the usual shove your get when pressing the gas pedal.
But otherwise seemed ok, so I figured a vacuum tube has popped off or split - had it before with a Passat TDI, same symptoms.
However, pulled in at home, 5 miles. Sounded like a bag of spanners and was ferociously hot under the bonnet. So, maybe oil starvation of the turbo and it's disintegrated into the engine?
Bill Hooks.
Need to consider of it's worth dumping £750+ on it to then sell it on.
The worst of it is, the car was bought new by my folks, I bought it off them at 67k, full BMW service history, no expense spared and during my ownership it's basically sat on the motorway cruising 200 miles a week.
So a 2009 520d with 93k probably heading for scrap 🤬 as the most unreliable car I've ever owned.🤬🤬🤬🤬
 
I'd have to find it first lo,, especially when they start confusing me with stuff like east, west, south and north.

The irony of it all is I've also been a Sheffield Wed fan since just gone 14. I liked owls when I was a kid, so latched on to them when getting into football.

If easily confused with place names and directions, how about this....

A lot of East Yorkshire ceased to be in 1972 when Humberside was created, not a lot of people in East Yorkshire or parts of Lincolnshire liked their areas being reclassed as Humberside, but in 1996 things were put back to close to how how they were before 1972.

Where I am in South Elmsall is in West Yorkshire but is just about on the border between North, West and South Yorkshire... and if I walk South a few miles I will be in South Yorkshire, as you might expect... But if I walk East a few miles from South Elmsall the next county division I arrive in is North Yorkshire not East Yorkshire, or if I walk North a few miles I'll still be in West Yorkshire. Might expect York to be on the border between North, South, East and West Yorkshire but York is in North Yorkshire.

Did you go to many of Sheff Wednesday's home games?

:laughing:
 
Keep it alive, it'll be good for 300,000 miles.....German engineering.
I'm no so sure after how it's bitten in the last 12-18months.
I was toying with driving it the three miles max, all 30mph limit town roads to the garage for a confirmation inspection, but the mechanic has warned that if it is the turbo, it might start to consume its own oil.and run on, which will deffo kill it. His view is the 5 series of this age isn't as bad as other to fix.....course, that's all relative....💰💰💰💰

And it's ridiculous how much recovery services near me are wanting to make that trip....been quoted nothing under £150 so far.
😱
 
I
I was toying with driving it the three miles max, all 30mph limit town roads to the garage for a confirmation inspection, but the mechanic has warned that if it is the turbo, it might start to consume its own oil.and run on, which will deffo kill it.

A runaway diesel is a frightening experience - full revs, no control and running off its own engine oil until the Big Bang.

Some fantastic footage on YouTube - gives you nightmares.
 
A runaway diesel is a frightening experience - full revs, no control and running off its own engine oil until the Big Bang.

Some fantastic footage on YouTube - gives you nightmares.
Yep, that's why the mechanic said don't drive - he had a Jag S Type do it, the only reason it didn't explode was an injector bolt came loose and it fired an injector through the workshop roof......🫣

It appears I was exceptionally fortunate that (if it is the turbo that's gone AWOL) that the engine didn't do this yesterday while getting back to base.😳

Might even do the nerve jangling rope tow after the morning rush hour on Monday if I can't find a reasonable cost service.
 
Yep, that's why the mechanic said don't drive - he had a Jag S Type do it, the only reason it didn't explode was an injector bolt came loose and it fired an injector through the workshop roof......🫣

It appears I was exceptionally fortunate that (if it is the turbo that's gone AWOL) that the engine didn't do this yesterday while getting back to base.😳

Might even do the nerve jangling rope tow after the morning rush hour on Monday if I can't find a reasonable cost service.
Good luck - 👍
 
Way to stop a run away diesel is put it in top gear and bring it to a stop with the brakes.
I was told to stuff a rag in the air box inlet pipe, (starve it of oxygen) but I ain’t going anywhere near a runaway diesel, other than running away.
 
what the fuck I never though I saw the day that LPG is more expensive than petrol filled up at Morrisons 04 /10/24 LPG 129.9 petrol 127.9 last fill up 99.9 30 pence less than petrol
 
I was told to stuff a rag in the air box inlet pipe, (starve it of oxygen) but I ain’t going anywhere near a runaway diesel, other than running away.
Runaway affects range from minor to massive depending on the amount of oil being inducted, could do the rag trick with a minor effect but if massive probably not enough time before the engine over-revved.

What @Gwilo365 might be able to do is disconnect the air pipe between the turbo and engine, that way if the turbo is leaking oil into the pipe it won't get into the engine or be able to cause runaway affect, whilst the car could still be driveable.
 
Back
Top