• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Picking up grandchildren from a nursery in unmade road, an idiot in a delivery van belting along the road drove straight through a puddle at full speed and drenched me. Saw he had stopped round the corner to deliver something. Gave him a few choice words (out of earshot of the grandchildren) He said " I didn't see you". Few more choice words from me including of course "If you can't see people you should be driving a bloody van".
Afterwards it occurred to me that instead of ranting at him (or as well as), should have taken a photo of his number plate and complained to his company. Why do these thoughts always occur after the event?:(
I think it actually an offence to splash a pedestrian. Or more likely to intentionally splash a pedestrian.

Picking up grandchildren from a nursery in unmade road, an idiot in a delivery van belting along the road drove straight through a puddle at full speed and drenched me. Saw he had stopped round the corner to deliver something. Gave him a few choice words (out of earshot of the grandchildren) He said " I didn't see you". Few more choice words from me including of course "If you can't see people you shouldn't be driving a bloody van".
Afterwards it occurred to me that instead of ranting at him (or as well as), should have taken a photo of his number plate and complained to his company. Why do these thoughts always occur after the event?:(
You should have taken his registration number it is in fact illegal to splash somebody you could have got compensation from them

love to of caught him up but had traffic to the left and in front ;) he didn't bang on the concrete lorries mirror in front of me:confused: knob jockey couldn't reach :joy::joy:

Nope, there are twats on bikes out there who think it's everyone else's responsibility to get out of their way.
You can always spot them. Being sat on a bike is a big give away. I like to make sure I don't leave room for them to squeeze through. 👹

I am so pissed I can die.
Every time something needs to be done on te van or bloody elsewhere hubby bitches about it.
He is a mechanic for peet skake. And when fitting things on my van he always have to modify it. I HATE it. I feel that he does not always take our safety in consideration. Whenever money has to be spend on a vehicle he craps himself (well almost).
When I ask him to please put proper spares etc in he goes off at me saying if I can do things better I must do it.
I mean really guys, am I asking for to much here?
I live in a country where you can not risk to break down next to the road.

You can always spot them. Being sat on a bike is a big give away. I like to make sure I don't leave room for them to squeeze through. 👹
Being a biker myself I won't stir this up any more, but I certainly don't assume that any part of the road is for my own exclusive use. Unfortunately there are those arrogant self obsessed arseholes that do, whatever mode of transport they use, especially fat twats on fat BMW's.

Every time something needs to be done on te van or bloody elsewhere hubby bitches about it.
He is a mechanic for peet skake. And when fitting things on my van he always have to modify it. I HATE it. I feel that he does not always take our safety in consideration. Whenever money has to be spend on a vehicle he craps himself (well almost).
When I ask him to please put proper spares etc in he goes off at me saying if I can do things better I must do it.
Well if he's a mechanic by trade I can understand that he doesn't want to come home from work to do more of the same. Why not just take it to a shop to get it done? Maybe if you do he will buck his ideas up.

Yikes, agree in SA it's bad enough in a spot-on road worthy vehicle just stopping at traffic lights, even that's not always safe so no you're not wrong.
Do you have a website over there called 'Plenty Of Fish'? I'd get myself on that :grinning:

yep also an ex biker got to cold and wet to many times :rolleyes: but still no excuse to be a knob I was within the lane markings not my fault if he cant pass :eek: and I do move over for bikes if I can :)

yep also an ex biker got to cold and wet to many times :rolleyes: but still no excuse to be a knob I was within the lane markings not my fault if he cant pass :eek: and I do move over for bikes if I can :)
Was that you I saw this morning heading north on London Road, Cowplain?

Back