• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Cheers Colin. Amazingly so considering she's not had a bath in 5 months! I don't know how she does it.. or why anyone would buy a grubby looking black one! 😂😂
There's no black streaks under the windows have you kept her under cover all winter?

There's no black streaks under the windows have you kept her under cover all winter?
No. I'm ashamed to admit I go out every day and wipe the streaks off 🤫. I have a soft microfibre cloth I keep by the front door specifically for that purpose 😬. The streaks are faintly showing now so will need polishing off, I've scheduled a full bath and polish next weekend if it stays dry 😎

Well I haven't posted much over the winter. I find the dark winter months a struggle to be honest, my mental health tends to go downhill and I become somewhat withdrawn. Living alone and having no family contact doesn't help (although when I read stories like the ones above I should be grateful 😁). I spend most of the time just trying to hang on until spring when I convince myself things will get better. I've also had back problems and covid (again FFS) over the last few weeks to add to my generally fucked-off demeanor 😬. I note no-one missed me 😂😂

However, in good news, the Kami Van passed her MOT without a hitch a couple of weeks ago, spring has arrived and it's even been sunny the last couple of days ☀️☀️ (wrote this on Sunday but couldn't post as forum down) as it's been sunny today and I'm feeling a little better I took the van out for a drive, lunch and a cup of tea in the back and a little stroll in the sunshine by the river at Abingdon, which has lifted my mood considerably. I'm looking forward to getting out and about in the van over the rest of the year which to be honest has been a lifesaver for me. Sorry for the long post, hope you don't mind me sharing. View attachment 87371View attachment 87372
After the winter just gone I'm convinced I'm affected by SAD. The longer days and warmer sun got me off my arse for the first time since last year. I can now come home from work and do stuff 👍 :)

Still in Skeggy , sat in the caravan and can’t help but think the friggin roof might blow off any minute, bins , plastic chairs etc flying around and my bus is sat outside
Anyone also got wind lol

if you do have SAD you can get special classes that have a UV light built in or get daylight bulbs to help relieve the symptoms
I've got daylight bulbs in every room but as it has taken me 5 months to get off my arse to build the shed I had nowhere to work on "projects" and it was too dark and miserable to do anything worthwhile with the Elgrand...

Still in Skeggy , sat in the caravan and can’t help but think the friggin roof might blow off any minute, bins , plastic chairs etc flying around and my bus is sat outside
Anyone also got wind lol
Lol- the wife just said she can remember when I use to make the caravan shake, now I don’t know what made me say it , but I said something along the lines of I remember when her sister used to come with us
Think I’m in bother :innocent:

Lol- the wife just said she can remember when I use to make the caravan shake, now I don’t know what made me say it , but I said something along the lines of I remember when her sister used to come with us
Think I’m in bother :innocent:
PMSL @Highway Dave 🤣 🤣 🤣 Us lads eh, making lasses angry ever since Adam played left back for Israel 👍

It probably asked Mikkb if he was driving a Bongo or VW... It's lucky it didn't ask Bob or that slice of toast would barely be visible and the pigeon wouldn't be sitting comfortably...

View attachment 87378
I had an aged aunt who would knit shit like this..... I want one

Anyone also got wind lol
To quote SWMBO "It's blowing a hoolie outside". I can hear a neighbour's back garden furniture moving around.

a WTF that might save some people money, my Philips Sonicare tooth brush started to be noisy and over vibrating. Cost of similiar new one £209 (reduced from £329) (?).

FFS decided to strip the offending handle (head) down, bit of a challenge but with the help of Harry YouTube, managed to strip down and find that the head drive shaft had sheared. New head drive shaft on ebay £8.95. Fit new shaft (1 small screw) and now it's as good as new and £200 saved.
A £200+ toothbrush WTF?!?

Back
Top Bottom